Trainz-build numbers below 3.7 are no longer supported....

Paulsw2

Ambling on the slow line
Is this true? My upload to the Download Station of a weathered version of the LNER/BR V2 loco and dependencies has been rejected even though it's in build 3.4. Message as follows:

The addition of your content file LNERBR_Class_V2_-_Brunswick_Green_UPLOADED.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

<kuid:234086:101618> : Asset <kuid:234086:101618> uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.7 are no longer supported.

So now the only people who can upload are those with TS12 SP1? Where was the announcement about this? So now I can't upload anything?

I seek advice!

Paul

That would be a result of the recent changes/maintenance of the upload system. I had a feeling that was going to come along sooner or later though, and it means that TS12 users that want to upload to the Download Station will have to update to SP1.

Shane

Can stuff still be uploaded manually via MyTrainz (Planet Auran) which is the way I've done it because it's so much easier than the method done through Content Manager?

John

I've a feeling that that would still have the same checks, as it's part of the automated checking part which happens on both methods.

Shane

I see a whole lot of 09/10/12 plain users having to buy FCT's just to be able to download from the DLS soon....

I've a feeling that's already going to be the case. That's one reason why the SP1 'naysayers' have effectively lost out by their decision not to patch, although those who purchase T:ANE may have a reprieve come May time once they can register their serial number.

Shane

Unless this is due to the weird issues we've had with the DLS today and a few days ago. I think it's best we wait and see what the official word is from the Brew Crew.

John

Unless this is due to the weird issues we've had with the DLS today and a few days ago. I think it's best we wait and see what the official word is from the Brew Crew.

John

There is a post by WindWalkr confirming 3.7 is now the lowest build supported. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?118877-Testing-the-new-Uploader&p=1389359#post1389359

Not happy as I now have a rather large amount of assets still to upload than now have to be up-versioned, Some sort of warning should have at least been posted then I could have shoved them up last week.

It would seem that N3V falsely published a schedule for the phasing out/phasing in of Trainz builds/versions...

The Wiki books page is NOT the official N3V page which is here http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy and does not say anything about build versions, so can't really call them out on that as TS12 is still supported and the current version is 61388 not 49922 or lower.

Never trust information posted by third parties on unofficial websites or Wiki's as being 100% correct.

This is completely ridiculous, and a motivational killer! :(

Out of curiosity, I just tested an item, just one ... no errors using 2.9 (nearly 50 of them), and now the same item has countless of errors!

Last time this happened left trainz for nearly a year, just to recovery my insanity! :'(

Ish

This is completely ridiculous, and a motivational killer! :(

Out of curiosity, I just tested an item, just one ... no errors using 2.9 (nearly 50 of them), and now the same item has countless of errors!

Last time this happened left trainz for nearly a year, just to recovery my insanity! :'(

Ish

And people wonder why Content Creators leave...

I have Trainz 12 SP 1 and my stuff is being rejected too. A plain lo-poly house was rejected because of the build thing and a revised locomotive was rejected because Trainz couldn't read the script file.

What content creators? Oh you mean both of us?!

The number of Content Creators has steadily been dwindling for a good long time.....

There is a good long list of why people quit making content (Which this program needs to survive as it's business model is DEPENDANT on 3rd party content creators)..

One day I should start a post on why content creators leave.... make it a numbered list....

Big failure in diplomacy, the correct method is inform people before changing something not afterwards...................

Big failure in diplomacy, the correct method is inform people before changing something not afterwards...................

Nothing has changed... I don't expect N3V to be any different... Where's the big list of changes we'll be hit with when TANE shows up? I don't expect that either until we start finding errors the hard way.

John

What's different about this case is that it's the first time - at least since I've been here - that N3V/Auran has dropped support for a version that has not reached End-of-Life yet, i.e. TS12 TB3.5.

But, true enough, it's not surprising, in that they keep moving the goalposts and also in that they have a history of shadiness.

Their inconsistency and lack of communication has been disruptive.

Back in September 2014, they went on record as saying support for TS2009/TS2010 would stop sometime during that month. Fine, we expected that, so I took them at their word and ceased production (since I only had TS2010). I didn't bother to look at the DLS for a while, but several months later I noticed by chance that TS2009/2010 stuff was still being allowed onto the DLS! No announcement from N3V about the delayed ending of support. As a result, I needlessly lost valuable months when I could have kept making new things or re-working old ones at trainz-build 3.3. I especially wanted to fix the TS12 built-ins that N3V messed up trying to make them conform to TS12 rules. I got a few in recently, but there's no more time now. They will all have to wait until after T:ANE comes out and I've dealt with the inevitable deluge of faults and bugs that lay in store for us.

It seems that they want to try and force people into the "New Era" by "updating" and "phasing out the old."

So far, I'm not liking the look of this "New Era."

Last edited:
Back