Routes you'd love to use in TRAINZ

I've got a few more also:
1. Southern Railroad's Murphy Branch during the steam era, now the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
2. The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad set on the present day
3. The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad set in the present day
4. A combination of #2 & #3, set before the abandonment of the line between Chama and Durango
5. Germany's meter gauge Harz Narrow Gauge Railways set in the present day, with their signature 2-10-2T tank engines
6. Canadian Pacific's line over Kicking Horse Pass in the steam era, with the Kicking Horse Pass spiral tunnels
7. China's Jitong Railway, complete with QJ 2-10-2's
8. Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner, from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, including Los Angeles Union Passenger Depot. Also LA's Metrolink commuter service and San Diego's Coaster commuter service on the route
9. Amtrak's Cascades between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon, before the Point Defiance Bypass opened
10. Southern Pacific's route over Donner Pass. Either in the steam era with their unique 4-8-8-2 'Cab-Forwards', or the diesel era with their SD40T-2 and SD45T-2 'Tunnel Motors'
11. Denver & Rio Grande Western's route from Denver to just west of Winter Park, Colorado, with the original California Zephyr, and featuring Moffat Tunnel
12. Swiss Federal Railway's route over Gotthard Pass, before the opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel, along with the unique 'Crocodile' locomotives
13. The entire route of The Glacier Express, along with the Bernina railway
14. Florida East Coast's Key West Extension, now The Overseas Highway
15. The Buffalo Creek & Gauley, one of the last railroads in America to use steam locomotives
16. The Mower Lumber Company, now The Cass Scenic Railroad
That's all that I can think of . . . for now . . .

I am definitely in with the Montana Rail Link votes above. It is a shame that all the current MRL routes are void of vegetation because of the changes to T:ANE.

I've got a few more also:
1. Southern Railroad's Murphy Branch during the steam era, now the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
2. The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad set on the present day
3. The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad set in the present day
4. A combination of #2 & #3, set before the abandonment of the line between Chama and Durango
5. Germany's meter gauge Harz Narrow Gauge Railways set in the present day, with their signature 2-10-2T tank engines
6. Canadian Pacific's line over Kicking Horse Pass in the steam era, with the Kicking Horse Pass spiral tunnels
7. China's Jitong Railway, complete with QJ 2-10-2's
8. Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner, from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, including Los Angeles Union Passenger Depot. Also LA's Metrolink commuter service and San Diego's Coaster commuter service on the route
9. Amtrak's Cascades between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon, before the Point Defiance Bypass opened
10. Southern Pacific's route over Donner Pass. Either in the steam era with their unique 4-8-8-2 'Cab-Forwards', or the diesel era with their SD40T-2 and SD45T-2 'Tunnel Motors'
11. Denver & Rio Grande Western's route from Denver to just west of Winter Park, Colorado, with the original California Zephyr, and featuring Moffat Tunnel
12. Swiss Federal Railway's route over Gotthard Pass, before the opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel, along with the unique 'Crocodile' locomotives
13. The entire route of The Glacier Express, along with the Bernina railway
14. Florida East Coast's Key West Extension, now The Overseas Highway
15. The Buffalo Creek & Gauley, one of the last railroads in America to use steam locomotives
16. The Mower Lumber Company, now The Cass Scenic Railroad
That's all that I can think of . . . for now . . .

I forgot to mention the Swiss Gotthard pass and I think there should also be a Gotthard Base Tunnel version. I used to be heavily into the Crocodile engines, but I'm just more into the high speed ETR 610s and RABde 500s.

Last edited:
CB&Q/BN/BNSF Lincoln Nebraska to Omaha Nebraska. This would include what is the routes ruling grade between Chicago and Denver the 1% grade over Melia Hill. Also could include the portion from Ashland Nebraska to Oreapolis and Oreapolis to Omaha.

The DRG&W Tennessee Pass route through the canyon including the Leadville branch as well. Seeing this route embargoed in the middle is just sad. I saw this area in real life back in 2008 and again in 2016 while storm-chasing in the region. It's beautiful country and would make not only a difficult route to drive due to the grades and curves, but also a beautiful one as well.

Some routes I'd love to tackle if I had the DEM data:
Gotthard Pass
WCML Preston-Carlisle
A chunk of the NEC
Any of the major stations out of London

Someone mentioned Kettle River valley, and I would love to see the BN line that goes from Spokane, Washington, up to Kettle Falls, then up the Kettle River to Canada, where it loops west and then drops down to Curlew and Republic Washington. Very scenic!

Back