USA Tank

gooner28

UK railfan
There is a heritage railway in Kent, England called the Kent and East Sussex Railway, home to a tank engine known to the volunteers as the "yank tank", No.62. It was brought over in 1943 from the Pennsylvania to help the war effort, and now runs on the K&ESR. I was wondering if anyone knew if a model of this had been made, and if so, where I could get my hands on it?! (It's proper name is a USA Tank)
Regards,
Chris

I have a feeling it was a standard PRR-style saddle tank, but I wouldn't know unless I see what it looks like. If you can post a picture, we'll know what it looks like. :)

John

If this is the engine you are talking about (even though its number is 65) it is a 0-6-0 switcher used by the U.S. Army Transportation Corps. After WW2, many of them remained in various European railways: as far as I know, they were used in France, Italy and Yugoslavia (one of these was still used at a coal mine some years ago).

I do not think it has ever been made for Trainz (unfortunately :().

kent-east-sussex-railway.jpg

Yep, that is the engine. It's a shame that no-one has made it, if I can figure out how i might try and make it myself!
Regards,
Chris.

Last edited:
Felixtrain is making a Chinese XK2 (a Chinese conversion of the USATC S100) - see here post #9597 but it is more USA rather than European in fittings.

Anyone want to make a 0-6-0 Porter for trainz a new era?

If you google HO 0-6-0 Porter you will see what i'm talking about, I have wanted one for a long time and I finally got it for my layout! But does anyone want to recreate it for T:ANE? Mainly the midvale steel, Bethlehem steel, and the Santa Fe. If anyone can make one could you also send me the .blend files for it?

Thanks - Xkoop7321

If you google HO 0-6-0 Porter you will see what i'm talking about, I have wanted one for a long time and I finally got it for my layout! But does anyone want to recreate it for T:ANE? Mainly the midvale steel, Bethlehem steel, and the Santa Fe. If anyone can make one could you also send me the .blend files for it?

Thanks - Xkoop7321

There's an 0-4-0T available on the DLS

<kuid:32711:100340> 0-4-0T Jay Street Connecting #1
<kuid:32711:100353> 0-4-0T Jay Street Connecting #2

Welcome to the forums.

The loco mentioned in the original post is now available as payware.

<kuid2:212731:500109:3> 3DZ USATC S160 TENDER v2

Thank you!

Thanks for the kuids, does anyone know how to export models to fbx or blender? Because I was planning on making My favorite Santa Fe, Santa Fe 271C.

- Xkoop7321

I found 2 locos I would like for T:ANE

SO after doing some research. I found 2 engines. The new york dock railway #6 0-6-0T and the Pennsylvania Lines #8542 class C-31 0-8-0T. Let me know if you can make these. Thanks! :)

Back