Has this been made, and is it available?

I am looking for one of these. It is a hi-rail with couplers.
9100.1045622040.jpg

Stuff like this is intriguing.

Theres a couple Hi-Rail Big Rigs, I've never messed with them much, though I don't think they have couplers included.

Falcus

Mow Crane Truck by yutzk on the DLS. (Search Mow Crane Truck)

Comes in CSX, NS, BNSF, Amtrak, FEC and BWL.

A quick run though Pev's attachment maker and you could add couplers if you wanted too.

Mow Crane Truck by yutzk on the DLS. (Search Mow Crane Truck)

Comes in CSX, NS, BNSF, Amtrak, FEC and BWL.

A quick run though Pev's attachment maker and you could add couplers if you wanted too.

This is a great model, however us Mac Trainz users such as MeowRailroad and myself do not have PEVSoft tools to work with, as they're all Windows software. I really wish that we had them on Mac, but we don't...so...

The photos below are the idiotbouy cab with couplers available on the DLS. I have this working fine in TS-2010 but that does not guarantee anything for TS 2 MAC. The ftl-front & ftl-rear (bogeys) are on the DLS under idiotbouy's user ID but they do not work properly. The animation will need to be removed because the wheels spin continuously forward whether the cab is standing still, moving forward, or backward. I made a clone of these before making changes. The cab itself has some errors that will need correcting to work. As I recall, most errors can be corrected by deleting txt files that have no corresponding BMP or TGA file included. I also had to add a folder named hy-rail_shadow containing a file named hy-rail_shadow.pm. I searched my local file and found what I thought might be a similar shadow (shadow.pm) for a semi cab and placed a copy of it in the newly created hy-rail_shadow folder. That cleared the final error when I committed. I have no clue whether there is a shadow "in game" or what it looks like because I don't use shadows. 1044 is a built-in in 2010. Don't know what you have in MAC.

If you are totally lost and have no clue how to fix errors, read my PM I sent you.

AC Hy-Rail Semi Cab,<kuid:50567:15015> (listed as Hy-Rail on the DLS)
hi-rail-interior,<kuid2:50567:79:1>
Hy-Rail rtlhorn,<kuid:50567:57112>
Hy-Rail tpr truck Loco Sounds,<kuid:50567:52111>
Hy-rail-pant,<kuid:50567:97>
rtl-front clone,<kuid:214940:100401>
rtl-rear clone,<kuid:214940:100402>
1044,<kuid:-25:198>

http://s964.photobucket.com/user/to...[user]=101207873&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
http://s964.photobucket.com/user/to...[user]=101207873&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Last edited:
lol, I didn't even know about that green one. I've only seen a white one with a crane/cherry picker thing on it. But cool regardless.

Edited to add: Up in some of the logging areas around here it wasn't uncommon to see a semi truck stripped down to Cab, Frame, engine, and wheels, a concrete block thrown in behind the cab, and a coupler Mounting Riveted to the back end of the Frame. This practice hasn't been seen around here in several decades though, lol.

Falcus

Last edited:
Back