Article: Trainz: A New Era Community Edition v1.2 is Now Available

I have updated the info in this post to clarify this release a little more. The links spell things out more clearly that this is not the final version.
Yes this is the same build as downloaded through our beta website last week - build 74539.

Well spotted Benjamin - that line now says "GMT" which means in less just over an hour from now. We had to make a small change to the relocate the files onto the correct servers.

That's weird,

it let me download mine. But, I didn't see an installer in the folder, so I just deleted it. Oh well, I will try again later...

That's weird,

it let me download mine. But, I didn't see an installer in the folder, so I just deleted it. Oh well, I will try again later...

That's a known issue, as it also happened with the version on the beta test site. Just unzip the files to where you want to 'install' Trainz to, and run it from there.

If you already have T:ANE installed though (CE 1.1) you may well find it easier to use the in-game patch facility.

Shane

For clarity - one of the files was not replaced with the installer version. It has now been removed and everyone will not get the installer version.

Also, the patch facility from v1.1 to v1.2 is not available.

If you have downloaded the "installed" version, just unzip it to where you want the game located and click tane.exe to start the game (and this will create your userdata folder).

For clarity - one of the files was not replaced with the installer version. It has now been removed and everyone will not get the installer version.

Also, the patch facility from v1.1 to v1.2 is not available.

If you have downloaded the "installed" version, just unzip it to where you want the game located and click tane.exe to start the game (and this will create your userdata folder).

You may want to sort a patch version out for those who have CE 1.1 in that case. Incidentally, it looks like there's also an issue with the allocation process, as I cannot see the CE 1.2 downloads (I get an error instead).

Shane

Last edited:
Hi Shaine - as noted in the forum post, "Unfortunately there were some last minute hiccups with the 4.4GB patch from V1.1 to V1.2 and we have decided that the experience is better for users to install a fresh new version rather than patch their build. "

In other words, v1.2 will be a fresh install for all users.

Check the downloads page again - MyTrainz was offline for a few minutes so perhaps you hit the page at that time.

Hi Shaine - as noted in the forum post, "Unfortunately there were some last minute hiccups with the 4.4GB patch from V1.1 to V1.2 and we have decided that the experience is better for users to install a fresh new version rather than patch their build. "

In other words, v1.2 will be a fresh install for all users.

Check the downloads page again - MyTrainz was offline for a few minutes so perhaps you hit the page at that time.

Yep - I've got access now. Hopefully the last minute hiccups are a one-off though - I don't think you will have many happy users having to download a ~10GB file.

Shane

how to install tane

Please Help!

I've dowloaded TANE, but inside the zip file are just .bin files, nothing that can be installed.

What can I do?

Now I'm worried and disappointed, after all this time:'(

Please Help!

I've dowloaded TANE, but inside the zip file are just .bin files, nothing that can be installed.

What can I do?

Now I'm worried and disappointed, after all this time:'(

You should also have a file called setup or setup.exe, depending on whether Windows has hidden file extensions or not.

Shane

I removed 1.1 and installed 1.2; all went smoothly. When I open 1.2, after a brief opening distorted picture display, I get a blue background, period. When I select video settings, there's nothing in the right hand panel. All text missing from other setup options in right panel. I do get sound but it just hangs. Tried different monitor resolutions and even 2nd display monitor. Also tried system restart. Any suggestions?

Found 192 Faulty dependencies, none of which I can enable; many part of the Base. Now I'm really puzzled.

Tried rebuild database several times. Each time it hangs when it reaches the "looking for additional asset..." Terminated program after 1 1/2 hours.

Problem resolved. Uninstalled 1.2 (again), this time removing local content. Reinstalled. Now all is normal. After a single session opening crash, it's working! Now to bring back my purchased content...

Last edited:
I'm also having a problem installing 1.2. I have followed the instructions but when ever I unzip the file the setup.exe appears in the folder along with all the .bin files, but as soon as I click on it, it disappears. This has happened 5 or 6 times already. Can anyone help with this please?

Back