Tidewater Industrial Railroad

ljjiricek

Another project of mine is upgrading the Tidewater Point Rail route for TS10 to TS12 SP1, credit for the unmodified route goes to TPR. New scenery and trees have been added so far. The Tidewater Point Railroad was rebranded to the Tidewater Industrial Railroad. As of right now all leased power will be used, however I hope to get around to skinning a few SD40's or something for power. Here are the first few screenshots of the improved route. Feedback Appreciated.

Two of TIRR's new SD40-2's begin their work. Simple scheme, any suggestions to make it better would be great.

Around the Power Plant

The Morning Local Leaves the yard.

NS local power and TIRR power sitting at the shops

The NS local entering the yard, passing the old Amtrak Depot, now abandoned.

Last edited:
Hello Again,
Thanks for feedback!
In order to make operating this railroad more interesting, I have decided that Southeast Terminal and Tidewater Industrial are now merging. STRX's C40-8's were recently transferred to the TIRR for use on the heavy unit trains leaving Tidewater. Some of TIRR's SD40-2's were sent down to Georgia. Expect to see quite a bit of STRX power on TIRR trains.

Some shots around Tidewater...still a WIP...

A unit crude train leaves the yard

Overview of Tidewater

Heading out

Last edited:
One last set for the evening.

The Thursday Crude train leaves

Winding out of the town

On Kettle Creek Curve, west of town

Need suggestions.
Some Surveyer shots of Tidewater. Some ideas for track layout would be great, since I struggle with that.

Last edited:
Tidewater just got into the used locomotive market again, this time for big power. TIRR bought 10 retired SD70MAC's from BNSF.

Crossing the Mill River.

Climbing out of the river valley.

Hello again,
I have more recently began to work on a new town along the TIRR, called Southland. This is the interchange point for TIRR to BNSF and UP, which run through the town side by side.

In my not so humble opinion (IMNSHO) Tidewater Point is a great route to learn route/layout building by reworking as you see fit. I have done so.

Back