The "Garage Wall Layout" Virtual HO scale (Large Images)

FirstSoloFlight

JamezShepherd.com
This afternoon I found some old sketch books from my childhood and discovered a few model railway track plans I'd ambitiously drawn up. Amongst them was one that looked a little more practical called "Garage Wall Layout". I've started slapping it together and almost ready to start testing, so thought I'd post some pics to keep myself accountable. The usable track foundation area measures 600mm x 5700mm (see ruler marks in first image), which (along with the name) suggests I had planned on building this to run along the length of a garage wall.

Being a virtual model railway I've kinda cheated and given myself a fiddle yard on the other side of the "garage" accessible via portals between the two benches. I've also extended the scenery beyond the area restrictions of a real model railway just to give it a bit more depth and not feel like working in a shoebox.

Texturing is only about 10% done... just mapping out the general flow really. I'm going to have to make some textures to match the JR tunnel entrances. Also got to build some edge splines to match my textures too. It's looking a bit "region-confused" at the moment, with the environment looking very countryside Australia, but filled with US buildings and rollingstock... I'll have to admit, if the guys at JointedRail hadn't existed I'd have probably thrown in the "Trainz towel" by now. They're making it very difficult to keep any interest in Australian content.

Anyway, here's the shots. Let me know what you think. Also, if anyone knows of a decent guide to US signalling I'd really appreciate them sharing... I'm a little fuzzy on how they should be set up.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

Last edited:
glenwoodshops.com/Tutorials.shtml

try this location,,,he has spot on it,,says guide to signaling......hope it helps you?

Blue

Thanks Blue, that looks like what I'll need. :D

Here's a few more progress shots. Just getting the basics out the way still. Lots of generalised texturing and scenery items being placed around to be a feel for the yard.

08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Back