Merge issues with Quick Drive not working

blueodessey

I'm using Trainz2 IPad,,,,,merge my small 10 BBoard into 20 BBoard layout,,,do not connect them with tracks purposely for Quick Drive test?

ok first I have my trains saved on my layout, new layout also has trains saved, yard, passenger station ready to go,,,after merge open up combo merge, 30 BBoard now, looks ok, I made sure no red boards when merging!

Open default session from Merge, check trains on both sides (my old section n new section) by tapping, startup up just fine......

Now goto quick drive link, open, select new train, put down ATSF passenger on piece of track on my old side, use easy on speedo controller, it shows on left side of screen, Good!

move speedo forward, my train does not move, instead one of my save trains moves in yard where I saved it.....ATSF just sits there dead, so I tap on Dead train, speedo drops off screen....

If I do same thing on new merged layout, same thing happens , except ,,,the new side train in passenger station moves....

so it doesn't matter which side of merged layout I use, when I do new train,,it doesn't react, but another train does? Remember, I have not made any track connections tying the two layouts together? They r simply merged at this point, have not done anything else....test was done after closing and saving the merge to completely different file name.

while you R digesting this, I'll take two small layouts and merged them together, not using my old layout and see if same thing occurs,,,scientists at work here, LOL to see if has to do with my layout, or doesn't matter, happens with any merge.......

Great forum here, really like it,,,,,hoping someone has had a similar issue like mine.......

The built-in consists are just carriages or goods waggons. They have no locomotive. It is best to make a session and place some trains on it with that, rather than using Quick Drive.

Kieran.

Interesting, makes sense, I'm not experienced,,still scratching my way up mountain.....I will try that approach then.......thank you sir......

Merged with another layout and finally after 5 layouts I tried, this one worked with my old one, im delighted....connected a temp main line between both layouts, and forgot to say used blank boards where old and new connect, had done that before, must be the way ️Folks make their layouts that it has compatibility issues I guess......Thanks for the help here.

Back