Whats causing this issue

WCL

Canadian National
When I zoom out I get this

Houses in the water that I didnt even put there and what not.....

But when I zoom into that area I get this

The houses are gone like they are suppose to be

Any idea on a fix for this issue???

I wish I knew. I have the same problem with the same content on one of my routes.

I tried moving the houses when they appeared and couldn't select them which made me think that maybe it has something to do with LOD and the placement of the LOD meshes and models, but then again I'm not so sure either. I then thought it had something to do with some corruption... I thought the models got munched somehow and was going to reinstall them again, but I believe they're built-in.

It's a weird problem.

John

Yeah something is for sure messed up with them....Its like this pic to is being weird

Same spot, but it like changes when ya zoom out and zoom in, its like 2 different houses or what not

Know a good fix for this besides deleting it or swapping it out with others as this asset was used a lot for a route and would be way to much to swap out and what not????

Last edited:
I had this problem before updating to Marias Pass X 4.5. Maybe their updated fixes this. I'll have to check my own route and find out!

John

Can you open those assets and check the meshes from each LOD in PEV Mesh Viewer? If the meshes of the distant LODs are displaced from the origin (in whatever 3D program they were made) that should be apparent in Mesh Viewer.

They're not built-in like I thought - I just checked... and mine are now behaving nicely.

There was a ton of updated assets with their MPRX4.5 update so perhaps Lothar fixed these as well during their content fixes and updates for the route.

John

I do not have this trouble. Also not on the Marias Pass. only the type of homes in Lod Level 3 do not match, there are always only 70 polys too much, the last Lod Level must < 500 Polys

Lod_level0.jpg

empty Lod Level 0

Lod_level1.jpg

empty Lod Level 1

Lod_level2.jpg

empty Lod Level 2

Marias_Pass_lod00.jpg

Marias Pass TS12 Lod Level 0

Marias_Pass_lod01.jpg

Marias Pass TS12 Lod Level 1

Marias_Pass_lod02.jpg

Marias Pass TS12 Lod Level 2

Tane_lod00.jpg

Marias Pass TANE Lod Level 0

Tane_lod01.jpg

Marias Pass TANE Lod Level 1

Tane_lod02.jpg

Marias Pass TANE Lod Level 2

I had this problem recently in German TRS 2007, when "flying objects"

So is their a fix for this issue by chance?? Or what does one have to fix to make it work properly??

If as has been suggested its an LOD issue, then only the creator of the asset can fix that.

When I started dabbling with LOD, it was easy to duplicate the mesh, shift it horizontally and then work on reducing the poly count. Repeat for each extra LOD level. If I then didn't remember to move the various LOD levels back to the original origin, then the displayed anomalies would result.

Back