Andi06 assets on Settle and Carlisle

rlucas

I am having a spot of bother and could use some help, please! I saved Andi06' WD 2-8-0 in BR Late livery with its tender as a consist in Surveyor, then loaded it into S&C to find it had reverted to WD Green. I've had similar issues with the Gresley coaches reverting from BR livery to LNER teak. How can I save these assets in Surveyor so that that they reappear in the form I selected, please. I imagine that I have overlooked something really simple, so an idiot-level walk-through would be appreciated. :eek:

Many Thanks
Richard

If you have set the liveries to something different using the properties editor in the session editor then they are not saved when you create a consist. Any new consist will revert to the default livery for the vehicles when they are placed in a new session. You will also find this will happen if you send a consist off route to return via a portal.

The only way to retain the livery would be to clone the vehicle in CM and change the default liveries in the config.txt file. This might not always be possible depending on how the config.txt file has been written.

I believe that, at least with the Gresley coaches, you can actually change the default livery in the same place as where you select the livery in-game.

Hi Richard

If you want the loco in late BR livery in every session that you create then you need to find the loco texture file in Content Manager. Click on Installed, name =WD, sort by author and the texture file should be at or near the top of the list

Open the asset for edit by right clicking on it and select "Edit in Explorer". Look for the config file and double click on that to open it. Find the line near the top "default-122285 4" and change the 4 to read 2. Save the config file and then commit the asset. The loco should now appear in BR late livery whenever you place it in Surveyor.

Similarly the coaches have a texture asset which can be edited in a similar manner. I don't know which livery you want them in but just look for the number at the side of the livery that you want and edit the default to that number.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for all the helpful replies. My memories of WDs are from Wakefield in the 60's, so I want late BR liveries for them. I'd like the Gresley stock is all the BR liveries, and a rake in LNER teak as a preservation set.

Hi again Richard

Editing the texture file will only give you the one livery as default on the coaches. I've never tried it but you may be able to edit one texture file for one livery and then create two clones, of both coaches and texture files, one for each of the other liveries required. You would then have to edit the cloned coaches to reference the correct texture file. I don't know if this would have any impact on the scripting though but if you try it on clones then there is nothing lost if it doesn't work.

Regards

Brian

You will probably need to change references to 122285 in the extensions container in the config.txt file of the locomotive, tender, and the texture file to your own ID in the clones.

You will probably need to change references to 122285 in the extensions container in the config.txt file of the locomotive, tender, and the texture file to your own ID in the clones.

NO!!, because the scripts require that specific extension container ID.

There is no need to clone the texture-groups!

Changing the value of default-122285 in the texture-group will change the default livery for ALL assets using that texture-group.

If you want to change the default livery for an individual asset you should add the tag 'default-122285 #' to the extensions table in config.txt of the traincar concerned (where # is the livery required). This over-rides the value set in the texture-group and will control the livery used on initial placement as well as on generation by a portal.

To create a second traincar with a different default, clone the traincar and give the clone a different default-122285 tag and a different username.

I believe that setting 'default-122285 0' in the traincar will cause the initial livery to be selected at random.

Changing default-livery in the property editor alters the default for any future assets, but only in the current session.

This only affects initial defaults - you will still be able to change the skin via the property editor.

Last edited:
Back