M120: Module for Model Railroadz

Finally- That took forever to finish :eek:.

XhN6tjv.jpg

6fb28eX.jpg

qD6ENEX.jpg

Now on the DLS! Kuid:699717:100037

Last edited:
@TrainmasterGT >

Very glad to see you still working on this project !
I've enjoyed watching your YT series, as far as it's gone, LOL.
I've considered making a module or two or three, but that's not happening anytime soon > dead computer :eek:

Model railoadz are what I enjoy building in our sim, much more than normal 1:1
scaled routes. It allows me to super-duper detail the flora and use really high-res ground textures and normal mapping,
without sacrificing performance/fps.

I've been without a computer for quite a while now, and do so miss working on my projects. :'(

A couple years ago, a took Philskenes Lilliput layout and re-did most of the layout, adding a boggy swamp, an unfinished trestle extension, custom tunnel entrances and prop models I made in sketchup. A cargo flatboat, barge, and mine building models, and a few reskins of the Russel Schooner ship on the DLS. Replaced all the ground textures with high-res normal mapped ones, all animated 3d trees, got rid of Philskenes trademark loopy bridges, and overall built a very NW US looking version of his layout. Hardly looks anything like the original.

The full set of models here, on my original post > https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?135542-Lilliput-Re-work-layout-TANE

I have a fullset of highres screens here, if you would like to peruse them,
as I know you're very much a Log train kind of guy. :cool:

https://imgur.com/a/ZvEtr

Hopefully I can get a new comp built soon, I'm really jonesing to build again !

Rico

@TrainmasterGT >

Very glad to see you still working on this project !
I've enjoyed watching your YT series, as far as it's gone, LOL.
I've considered making a module or two or three, but that's not happening anytime soon > dead computer :eek:

Model railoadz are what I enjoy building in our sim, much more than normal 1:1
scaled routes. It allows me to super-duper detail the flora and use really high-res ground textures and normal mapping,
without sacrificing performance/fps.

I've been without a computer for quite a while now, and do so miss working on my projects. :'(

A couple years ago, a took Philskenes Lilliput layout and re-did most of the layout, adding a boggy swamp, an unfinished trestle extension, custom tunnel entrances and prop models I made in sketchup. A cargo flatboat, barge, and mine building models, and a few reskins of the Russel Schooner ship on the DLS. Replaced all the ground textures with high-res normal mapped ones, all animated 3d trees, got rid of Philskenes trademark loopy bridges, and overall built a very NW US looking version of his layout. Hardly looks anything like the original.

The full set of models here, on my original post > https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?135542-Lilliput-Re-work-layout-TANE

I have a fullset of highres screens here, if you would like to peruse them,
as I know you're very much a Log train kind of guy. :cool:

https://imgur.com/a/ZvEtr

Hopefully I can get a new comp built soon, I'm really jonesing to build again !

Rico
Rico,

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying the series! I'll have to apply some of your swamp-building techniques to a future project- I've been trying to emulate that look for a while now :hehe:.

Thanks Again!
-TrainmasterGT

Hope this concept is still alive and kicking...

Getting back into route building and thrown together this simple module over the weekend. Built in TANE SP3, not sure about backwards compatibility (I'd prefer to be building in TRS12, but unable to reinstall at this point).

Just uploaded to the DLS, alternatively you can download here;
ROUTE | DEPENDENCIES

DXpr5MG
DXpr5MG.jpg

uUGjLdA.jpg

xcPQ5vv.jpg

I'm back at it again! This time, I actually have a download, as well!
Module KUID: KUID:699717:100040DCC Base Session KUID: KUID:699717:100135CAB Base Session KUID: KUID:699717:100134

zFgJC80.jpg

u9TNkDo.jpg

Plus, I have a Minor tease for the next video already as well! You're all going to have to come to terms with seeing stuff like this in M120 Multiplayer:
qkaO27z.jpg

Thank you for your continued support!

Last edited:
I finally released a new episode! Take a look at this great new route!

5N0mNUv.jpg
7Wtc6PJ.jpg
Cv57s7J.jpg
P385SFJ.jpg

Route KUID: <kuid:699717:100123> M120- Aberdoyle Scotland 1890s

Thank you all so much for your continued support in this endeavor!

It's finally time for a new Module!

In this special episode, I celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the channel by creating a followup to the popular Long Lake Lumber Co. module. Welcome to Long Lake Logging Camp, home to a Decker Log Loader, Slash Burner, Spar Poles, Portable Housing, and Several Small Animals. So grab your Axe and a handful of Company Scrip- it's going to be a wild ride!

Route Name and Kuid-
M120 - Long Lake Logging Camp Kuid:699717:100119

New to M120 but returning Trainz User.

I was intrigued by the M120 concept and have tried to create a couple of modules in TRS2019 but I have found an issue that is preventing progress.
Whenever I test the route I can throw the Switches with 'J' or 'Crtl-J' key strokes and the Map interface but they do not respond to the mouse and are not displaying the locked symbol.
I thought it was something I had done wrong, being new to TRS2019, but subsequently discovered I have the same problem in every M120 Module I have tested.
No other routes are effected, that I have found, and I have tried both DLC and DLS content.
I mainly use MSGSapper and Philskene Routes, as I like Switching sessions rather than driving simulation, and routinely use the mouse to set the switches.

The Modules I am trying to create are a yard and several switching modules so the ability to use the mouse to set switches in close quarters is critical.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Trainz has become quite a steep learning curve over the past 20+ years and documentation is no longer included.

Cheers
Chris

This thread appears to be dead but, for the sake of any other newcomers looking for a solution, I discovered through trial and error that it is the "Huge Hall (Floor and Pillars) 1" Object that is preventing the junctions responding to mouse input.
As I only have TRS2019 installed on my new PC I have know Idea if this is a bug introduced by TRS2019 or if it was present in earlier versions.
It is a pity as it was a nice concept but this bug renders it impractical for use with switching modules.

Cheers
Chris

Back