Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M120: Module for Model Railroadz

Blog Entries

I searched M120 on the DLS, and it wasn't up.
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Arrow Some reactions

Quote Originally Posted by MeowRailroad View Post
    I searched M120 on the DLS, and it wasn't up.
    Consider doing a database repair maybe?
    I can see that all example modules have been downloaded at least 43 times, so I am guessing the problem is on your side .

Quote Originally Posted by mrmegaminer View Post
    you could have the ng going north to south with a transfer module? just a suggestion
    At this stage I am focusing on getting regular models first. Once we see a bunch of those modules show up by different people, I am happy to discuss your suggestion and see how we can combine it.
    In the end, I would like to get as many people possible involved, but like to avoid the risk of ending up with modules that can not be combined (yet). Contact me via PM if you like to talk more about your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by MeowRailroad View Post
    Could the signal requirement be dropped, or could someone help me do signals? I want to contribute, but I can't do signals.
    I am happy to help you out with basic signaling at a later stage.
    If you have an idea where the signals should be placed and can explain that to me, don't worry about the details.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminw View Post
    I would be willing to make an east loop If I had a base module. (I cannot seem to get the floor/table part right)
    I would first like to suggest you to build a normal module. I mean: What is the use of a loop if there are no or hardly any regular modules yet? That is why I made 2 very basic loop modules (just track on empty particle boards like you see more often at model railroad shows). Once you get a grip of the floor/table part, feel free to adjust or build your own loop. When you reach that point, be sure to first contact me via PM to avoid you doing something that someone else is already doing.

I will upload a "relatively basic" east loop later this weekend (it is done, just have to attach a few "do not touch" stickers), so there at least is an east loop and we all can focus on creating the modules in between.

To create the "table/floor" part, I suggest downloading one of the examples and rip it into pieces.
    The system is relatively basic: 2 hidden tracks with poles (track side items) connected to it as the table pillars, a 10m wall spline as the side.
    When I am building myself, I take one of those examples, delete the floor and a bunch of the digholes (those white triangles) and start building. I put them back when it starts to look like something. That way you do not get frustrated by accidently moving the floor around all the time or having your creativity blocked by a dighole.
    Leefer made a 15 minute demo video that also explains the way to do it; he uses a few other assets than I did but the technique is the same.
    Hope that helps you to get going .

Blog Entries

Ok, I will try a database repair. I think I will download it and make a Hancock and Southern module. Could anyone recommend good DLS tracks?
    Last edited by MeowRailroad; February 21st, 2015 at 05:50 PM.

Just uploaded the first module to the DLS with Oknotsen's approval for bragging rights. It is called Bigg City Yard.

1 Corinthians 10:31

United States of America, Missouri, St. Louis

Just uploaded the first module to the DLS with Oknotsen's approval for bragging rights. It is called Bigg City Yard.
    Great! I look forward to seeing it. Thank you.
    Rick

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood." - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Mine will come in a few days. It will be a midwestern switching module. (I haven't started, but I have the track plan drawn.)

Thanks again for getting the ball rolling. It will interesting to see if others follow your example.
    Rick

Blog Entries

I will upload to the DLS tomorrow, the 26th.

Hi guys, I've put my two cents worth in and uploaded my M120 "Industrial Version" to the DLS today. I've included a few screenshots on my website http://royburnell.com/id27.html to give you a basic idea of what to expect. No missing dependencies, so it's all good there. Feel free to enjoy it; OR just delete it! I'm looking forward to seeing what other ideas come out of this great project. By the way, if you have any criticism, make it constructive. (Don't hurt an old guy's feelings)
    Cheers,
    Roy3b3
    Last edited by Roy3b3; February 27th, 2015 at 07:52 AM.

Hi Benjamin, I just had a look at your "Bigg City Yard" - good job! However I did see an asset with missing dependencies. It was "PPR Signal Cabin" <Kuid:106916:10289> - Easy enough to just delete that item and replace it with something else.
    Cheers,
    Roy3b3

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Hi Benjamin, I just had a look at your "Bigg City Yard" - good job! However I did see an asset with missing dependencies. It was "PPR Signal Cabin" <Kuid:106916:10289> - Easy enough to just delete that item and replace it with something else.
    Cheers,
    Roy3b3
    Nothing missing for me. Maybe it's a CM problem. The only dependency I show for the signal cabin is angelc's Interlocking levers (<kuid:324760:28036>) and it's on the DLS. You might try downloading it manually.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Cheers,
    Roy3b3
    My CM says that everything is on the DLS and the route is ok for multiplayer.

1 Corinthians 10:31

My CM says that everything is on the DLS and the route is ok for multiplayer.
    I can confirm nothing is wrong with it and so did Ricke82. So, no worries Benjaminw. Roy3b3 probably forgot to download a dependency; it happens.
    @ Roy3b3:
    If your install keeps giving a problem with benjaminw's module, consider a database repair.

I do have a (hopefully temporary) problem with this module though:
    M120 Clark City Terminal Railroad (kuid:381079:100486) made by meowrailroad.
    It had build version 3.8, which is higher than 3.7 (the build for TS12 SP1). That means I can not use if for any possible merge till we have a 100% confirmed working merge function in TANE.
    Quote Originally Posted by oknotsen View Post
    Trainz versions: For your creation you can use every version that can be loaded into TS12 SP1 without extra tricks until we are 100% sure the final version of TANE supports merge without problems. After that every version that can be loaded into TANE.
    I hope that will be soon and it does not demotivate you from building. Till that time you can of course enjoy the modules others make and merge them with yours .

On a side note:
    I hope to finally have some time on Sunday to work on my own modules after a week of traveling for work.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I made it using Mac, and I wasn't sure about this. Can't you change the build number? Also, does it have any missing dependencies? I am 99.5% sure, but I used replace assets to get rid of some of the non-DLS stuff I used.

Thanks guys and sorry Benjamin. You're correct, I did a database repair and noticed "Interlocking Levers <kuid:324760:280367> was not downloaded, then, MY problem disappeared. Looking forward to some new designs. Cheers,
    Roy3b3
    Last edited by Roy3b3; February 28th, 2015 at 01:26 AM.