C40-8 Engine Spec Problem

ThePoliceman009

Boring person
So I start up content manager after just installing the NS C40-8W. Saw a missing dependency. No problem, I can fix that. After finding out that the missing dependency, kuid:45324:6408, has an updated version, I go to the updated asset and replace the old version with the new version in the locomotive's config file. Start up trainz, go to surveyor, see the locomotive in the list. Now here is where the problems begin. I click on the locomotive, and nothing shows up in the preview pane. Try to place that locomotive? Nah, I can't.

Back out to content manager. Locomotive has no errors or warnings. After doing a search for the locomotive, I see that all of my JR C40-8s have that missing dependency, kuid:45324:6408. It wasn't like this before.

So, problem is, I try to fix a missing dependency and the whole locomotive goes poof.

I've tried re-installing the NS C40-8W, but to no avail. Same problem all over again.

Help?

the file should be in the cdp as well as being built-in to TS12 so it should not be missing. unfortunately i would suggest a database repair.

Trevor,
I had the same issue a few days ago and, as mentioned, the asset <kuid:45324:6408> was in the CDP. But it showed error. I couldn't find the error and tried to commit it but it would not commit even with a revert.
I then deleted the asset from my computer and reinstalled it from the CDP and, shazaam, it contained no error and worked great for the CN/IC C40-8W. Give that a try.

Claude

I fixed it.

d600c0f3377811099859781cc0c558dd.jpg

I basically deleted the updated asset, re-downloaded it, and it fixed itself on all locomotives. It took a couple of tries to get into the game but blame that on SP1's freezing issues.

Back