Installing T:ANE on a separate hard drive

jrfolco

Route Builder
Is it advisable to install T:ANE on a separate hard drive other than the drive that the operating system is on, and should it be run as an administrator. I'm running Win 7 64.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

It works fine just like any other version of Trainz. I did this with the early beta and the CE version works as well.

You could also put your program on one drive and your content on another. There's a path that can be edited in the Launcher under settings where you can specify your data path.

John

Hi Joe,

It works fine just like any other version of Trainz. I did this with the early beta and the CE version works as well.

You could also put your program on one drive and your content on another. There's a path that can be edited in the Launcher under settings where you can specify your data path.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the comeback. I already have TS2010, and TS12 on my "D" drive and I thought I would do the same with T:ANE, but first, I thought I would check the the forum to see if it was advisable or advantageous. Again, should I run T:ANE as an administrator, or does it really matter?

Joe

The only thing I will advise you is if you wish to change the content location, do it before it imports the main content. There have been reports of content vanishing after the content folder is changed and the setting updated.

Shane

The only thing I will advise you is if you wish to change the content location, do it before it imports the main content. There have been reports of content vanishing after the content folder is changed and the setting updated.

Shane

I got around that by ensuring the content was where it was supposed to be then running an EDR.

John

Again, should I run T:ANE as an administrator, or does it really matter?

I see this mentioned quite often. If my user account is the administrator, shouldn't it always run as an administrator? Or do you have to right click on your desktop icon, and click run as administrator every time you launch Trainz?

I see this mentioned quite often. If my user account is the administrator, shouldn't it always run as an administrator? Or do you have to right click on your desktop icon, and click run as administrator every time you launch Trainz?

This doesn't matter for Windows 7 and up. You may have administrator rights, however, this is more like a super user than the actual administrator. The separate Administrator account, used to perform system-level is more like the root-level user in a Unix system. For TANE it's not necessary to install as administrator as this is new code and written for the newer operating systems.

John

Thanks John and Shane,

I originally had T:ANE installed on my C drive, but uninstalled and re-installed it on my D drive along with the Data. As soon as I started T:ANE, it downloaded additional content. It seems to be working well. I'm looking forward to the V1.1 update.

On the original installation I encountered a lot of faulty content that worked well in TS2010 and TS12. I had imported several of my routes into T:ANE, and then downloaded the missing dependencies from the DLS. Most of the faulty items were about two thirds of dmdrake's buildings which I've used on my routes for years. I'm wondering if this content will be corrected in the final edition, or if this is permanent?

Outside of the faulty content and Pofig's trees which are missing, all of my routes work well in T:ANE. I haven't encountered any major glitches.

Joe

Thanks John and Shane,

I originally had T:ANE installed on my C drive, but uninstalled and re-installed it on my D drive along with the Data. As soon as I started T:ANE, it downloaded additional content. It seems to be working well. I'm looking forward to the V1.1 update.

On the original installation I encountered a lot of faulty content that worked well in TS2010 and TS12. I had imported several of my routes into T:ANE, and then downloaded the missing dependencies from the DLS. Most of the faulty items were about two thirds of dmdrake's buildings which I've used on my routes for years. I'm wondering if this content will be corrected in the final edition, or if this is permanent?

Outside of the faulty content and Pofig's trees which are missing, all of my routes work well in T:ANE. I haven't encountered any major glitches.

Joe

The faulty content may be a result of the tighter validation, which will require the asset creators to release an update.

Shane

Back