MRL Bozeman Pass Project Official Thread

Thanks for all the comments guys!
@cascaderailroad: Yep it was at one time a tunnel and was daylighted.
A photo of Hoppers tunnel before it was daylighted.
RVN10907.jpg

Post daylighting:
RVN18167.jpg

Hi MW,

Great looking pic's. Keep it up and show use more. About your trees. Is that a Douglas Fir (pic 1.) I have yet to find a Douglas Fir that looks right. I liv in western Washington and every where you look is a fir trees. The ones your using look good. Let me know what they are, please. Thanks Don.

de795a318f5c4188a3092b4fc8181d81.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments.
@Don49PLM- yeah Chadd04 has it right there, the ones I have seen that are in that shape are 31 and 12-8
So, it is official the MRL Bozeman pass route will soon be extended to about 71 miles thanks to a DEM made by Justin (amtrakwannabe). The extended DEM will include the line from Bozeman all the way to Townsend, as well as the branch line from Logan to Whitehall aka. the former NP Butte line (not included in those 71 miles) including the branchline from Sappington to Harrison. This extension will include several miles of high speed running as well as the lower Missouri River Canyon.
On another note, although not entirely related to the route, MRL 403 and 406 were involved in a wreck today with a semi (on fault of the idiot driver of the semi) on the old NP Butte Line near Three Forks with 403 leading, the damage to the engine wasn't bad but it most likely will have a slight rebuild, due to the engineer side stanchion being visibly destroyed and most likely other damage was done to the hood. Kind of worthless to those here only for screenshots but may be informative to MRL enthusiasts.
Anyways back to the screenshots:
A CP lead manifest from Sandpoint, ID bound for Laurel, MT. Please forgive me for some of the incompleteness in these shots.

Thanks guys!
Some more shots:
MRL helper set 1 heads over the pass with an empty gravel train. Then the power from that train is thrown onto the BNSF PASLAU left in Bozeman after a power failure, with the helper set leading and the power from the Gravel train is thrown on as rear DPU helper power. The Gravel train power would later head back over the pass and continue hauling it's train to Whitehall. Once again please forgive the incompleteness of some of the shots.

To be continued...

Thanks!
Its time we have some nasty weather shots in my oppinion.
Fort Ellis during mid day with a mild drizzle:

The same location except at 4:45 AM during a summer rainstorm.

The skies have opened slightly at Trail Creek with a mild drizzle.

Exiting rocky canyon to muir as the weather worsens.

some shots of the 814 local from Wilsal, MT with wheat some construction equipment being sent back to Livingston and some empty boxcars at East Livingston. Though the Wilsal branch is no longer in operation and to my knowledge the line has been for the most part been torn up, but ive decided to include it as if it were still in operation on the route. Please forgive the WIP ness of these shots.

I have seen that you have a rail carrying car and Herzog hopper, where can I find these? Also, nice shots. The one with the excavator is really interesting, I love unusual loads!

Back