MRL Bozeman Pass Project Official Thread

Stunning work MW!!,you've captured the area perfect in trainz.As the prototype looks like a good demanding drive:wave:,drawbar pinging good fun.

This is gorgeous work, really looks and feels like the pass. Especially the western side, it really feels like that cramped canyon. How much of the Bozeman area are you going to include?

Thanks for the encouraging and kind comments guys!
@kingstonflyer: Thanks man, so far the route has kept up to realism, im averaging a good 12-15 mph in the canyon with an average sized mixed freight and about 20mph with a medium sized local, only thing I want to get is the flange squeal on the corner outside of trail creek.
@Nevada40: Thanks man, the DEM really helps achieve the aesthetics of the canyon, I can't wait to get a little further down the canyon and work on some of the rocks. As for bozeman I have all of the yard and currently served industries, including the Ag depot on the old freight house spur and so-on. I have to make several custom models including the Ag depot, the station, the other grain tower off of the old freight house spur, NP freight house (AKA the Ale Works), the Milwaukee Station and freight house. With the old freight house spur ive decided to backdate it to '95 before the MILW station was torn down and the hideous buildings that were built now residing in the surroundings of the Ag Depot.
@Matt3985: Thanks, the grass I use is JVC(T)grass2 and for grass textures I use Donner textures that are available with many of the beautiful routes made by trainzitalia.

Some more shots:
A quite unusual and unique BNSF lashup with BNSF swoosh SD40-2 7125, BNSF Swoosh SD40-2R 7950 (former ATSF SD45-2), BNSF EX-BN SD40-2 7155, and CP ES44 9370.
\
MRL helper lashup led by MRL 4300

Exiting the west end of Bozeman tunnel

My Favorite rail fanning spot just outside of trail creek.

Passing the defect detector entering Rocky Canyon

Mad skillz man! haha but really, looks like this will be an awesome route, plus looks to have all the elements that will make it possible to look awesome in trainz :)

Arrgh!! Dang CP GEVOspam completely ruined the all EMD Lash up! LOL JK!!! Seriously, nice work! Aye, I wondered when the CP visitors would start showing up!

A very interesting route!
Great job of environment, very well proportioned.
Length of route in miles?

@Nevada40: Thanks man, the DEM really helps achieve the aesthetics of the canyon, I can't wait to get a little further down the canyon and work on some of the rocks. As for bozeman I have all of the yard and currently served industries, including the Ag depot on the old freight house spur and so-on. I have to make several custom models including the Ag depot, the station, the other grain tower off of the old freight house spur, NP freight house (AKA the Ale Works), the Milwaukee Station and freight house. With the old freight house spur ive decided to backdate it to '95 before the MILW station was torn down and the hideous buildings that were built now residing in the surroundings of the Ag Depot.

So just what's around the tracks. I wasn't sure how far west and south you are modeling. Speaking of which, how far west does the map go? 7th or 19th? And perhaps you could answer a question for me: where was the Milwaukee depot? I've looked through the Depots of Gallatin Valley book, and as far as I can tell, it was around where the library is now. None of my friends share my passion, and few are local, so they really can't answer my question..

Those latest screenshots are gorgeous, by the way. Everything just screams Montana and the pass. The only thing that irritates me is the engines. None of them are that clean...:D

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!
@Nevada40:Thanks man! It goes to just before 7th along W Griffin, I will try and have a friend make an extension map to Logan, but that seems like it may take a while anyhow. The Milwaukee Depot was where the library currently resides, plus I need to get the diagrams for the fore mentioned depot and several other buildings soon from the historical society, and I need to head down the hill and take a few shots of the old West End shed from the south facing side. Beyond that I should have all of my needed custom buildings.
@Jango: Thanks man! The route is 25 or so miles.
A few pre-MRL era shots from Livingston:

Amazing texture work Coleton and your placement of trees and shrubs is by the best i have seen around here in a long time. Superb work keep at it mate.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks for the comments guys!
@GN1996: Thanks dude, that was some of the inspiration to make the route, beyond the fact that I live along Bozeman pass.
The scanner comes to life on Bozeman Pass as a gigantic BNSF coalie nears hoppers, "Only a few more miles to go." The train has been struggling with battling wheelslip on this side of the pass only peaking at 17mph and usually averaging 9mph.

all of my yes. I love the use of the MRL mid train helpers. Certainly something I'd like to witness in person some day.

very nice work

Back