Trainz in 3D

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I noticed that the Nvidia control panel has a 3D settings page to enhance the game immersion and that they rate Trainz 2004 as having excellent compatibility. Has anyone invested in one of the 3D vision systems ( USB IR Emitter and Glasses, Wired Glasses, Pro Hub and glasses or Discover Glasses) and how well does it enhance the experience?3D Trainz.JPG

Nvidia 3d Vision and T:ANE

I noticed that the Nvidia control panel has a 3D settings page to enhance the game immersion and that they rate Trainz 2004 as having excellent compatibility. Has anyone invested in one of the 3D vision systems ( USB IR Emitter and Glasses, Wired Glasses, Pro Hub and glasses or Discover Glasses) and how well does it enhance the experience?View attachment 495

I have the Nvidia 3d Vision Set (Wired glass w USB emitter) with Nvidia Gforce 960 4GB. The TS12 works fine with the 3d. I have played many hours with ZecRail Christmas Train 2012.
I installed the TANE but the 3d doesn't work. No 3d at all!!!
Searching the Nvidia site i found nothing about this game. :confused:

Any idea??

Happy New Year to ALL
Peter.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 - AMD 6350 - 8GB Ram - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4GB Ram - SSD Samsung 850 EVO 256GB

Peter 3D works very well also on TANE i use Samsung curve and nivida 780GTXTi.
I did run it today on one of the big screens awesome.
i am using samsung 3D active glasses and not did any settings on behalve of the nividia card yet but the res i did up to 4k (i forgot the exact numbers) something the highest my tv allows.
So for those interested yes it works and you can immerse yourselve in a route, landscape especially mine which are just out of this world in 3D

I really don't see Trainz going IR Tracking, or Oculus headset goggles, as surely allot of people will be getting vision problems from the devices that are worn extremely close to the eye

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1452?gclid=CJbL683nksoCFc4XHwodxPkM6w

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...oCFQEoHwodtfAP6g&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&is=REG&A=details

I would like to know what TV's, and hardware one would need for 3D Trainz on a TV (obviously 3D glasses)

What about a projector, on a large wrap around wall screen ?

Last edited:
Hi RoysTrainz,
i am very grateful for your quick answer.
As i understood u have a 3D TV Samsung with his own 3d glass and emitter and it works fine.
But do u have tried to play the TANE game with Nvidia 3d Vision kit? (if u have it ofc)
For your information i have the Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision v1 with Samsung 2233RZ (old one).
My problem is that the Nvidia emitter doesn't opening when the TANE starts so its meaning no 3d for me.
With other 3d games i don't have problems.

Anyway thank you.;)

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 - AMD 6350 - 8GB Ram - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4GB Ram - SSD Samsung 850 EVO 256GB

Back