T:ANE (in development) screenshots...

VinnyBarb

*HRH in real life*
As a few/some/many people do not yet have the TANE CE edition installed, I thought I show a few screenshots here to show what TANE is going to look like.

Anyway, I d/loaded the offered installs of the Avery-Drexel and Wallangarra routes and a couple of other routes new to TANE CE, which I installed. I have to say, I LIKE WHAT I SEE SO FAR.

Without further ado, from the Avery-Drexel route, where some Australian locomotives are doing a test run for some prospective Yankee buyers:

Note: I had to resize and use the perspective tool to get these screenshots reasonably right as TANE CE does not yet keep the screen resolution one selects and will give one presently a very flattened and distorted screenshot image in either Full Screen or Windowed mode. Actually, I can not get Full Screen in my TANE CE yet.

Just click the thumbnails to get a very large picture.

Some township:

And from the Wallangarra route, which is Australian:
Where somehow the Ghan made a detour through Wallangarra :p.

Some freight rolling along:

Yes, I very much like what I see in TANE and once all is working as it should be, I am sure this will be the best Trainz Sim ever. And there are the realistic shadows, why oh why did it take so long to get these shadows like they are now into Trainz/TANE.

Anyone else having some nice screenshots of TANE, please post these here. Thank you.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hi Vinnybarb :wave:

I see you have got some of your content in Tane ( Still haveing a bit of trouble here :) )

Your screenshot look great :)

Poul

Hi Vinnybarb :wave:

I see you have got some of your content in Tane ( Still haveing a bit of trouble here :) )

Your screenshot look great :)

Poul

Thank you Poul, yes, I had issues with 2 of the generic interiors created by AURAN/N3VGames, these were working perfect in TS12 SP1 31688 but recognized/flagged as faulty. AURAN/N3VGames in their wisdom haven't updated these yet, they are their created files and are not TANE updated nor build in yet.

I am using the TANE build in SD40-2 interior/cab, hence I am sitting sidewise with a crooked neck trying to look straight out front. The other issues I had was with the odd image which is underneath the driver icon in Driver, I just deleted the reference in the configuration.

The screenshots are terribly distorted as the screen resolution one sets in TANE does not work yet in Driver, I have to manipulate my screenshots in PhotoShop to get these reasonable right. You might have seen trees on the left leaning some 30 degrees to the left, trees on the right do the opposite leaning to the right. What were they thinking installing this "fisheye lens" feature into TANE?

Plus TANE is overly too bright and specular is terribly overdone in it, I was told this will be fixed in the final release. On now to the extra 4 bonus routes I have installed, bonus, because I pre ordered TANE. One route, the Avery-Drexel one is over 1.5 GIGAbytes in data and is seasonal too. HUGE, and tomorrow I will have a spin on the other new routes and will post screenshots here.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

... One route, the Avery-Drexel one is over 1.5 GIGAbytes in data and is seasonal too. HUGE, and tomorrow I will have a spin on the other new routes and will post screenshots here.

... yes its seasonal because I did my very best to create all the dependent assets the way to support season change functionality because I like it very much :cool:

Well, brightness and screen resolution behavior have already been reported and I guess solving these issues will be part of the mentioned final adjustment.

I like the new effects in T:ANE very much and I am pretty sure at the end we will get the best trainz ever.
Even from the content creators view I am looking forward to create new stuff for T:ANE - e.g. some seasonal assets for the new Fully Animated Splines Junctions.

I have got some screens from my own T:ANE Projects "Avery-Drexel" and "Season Town Northern RR".

16225759256_d1584d4957_o.jpg

16065531729_26069d1d94_o.jpg

16250838172_35feb5c7f4_o.jpg

16225758496_8a6b1f7625_o.jpg

16251667335_5369a170e0_o.jpg

16251666315_fccf01e6e4_o.jpg

15631787153_850b913a99_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
not wait until the game is finished to make calls like that... seriously

Oh, really!? Wait, how much time is left before the release? 27.02.15? What,s new? Nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, really!? Wait, how much time is left before the release? 27.02.15? What,s new? Nothing!

Well how long has the beta been out now? Add that to how long is left... long enough to fix, if not they can delay it. Sorry they don't share live updates of fixes with you.
Don't play your cards before they're dealt :n:

Stevo

As a few/some/many people do not yet have the TANE CE edition installed, I thought I show a few screenshots here to show what TANE is going to look like.

Nice shots. I can use them instead of the wallpapers that were promised for KickStarter supporters, but which N3V never delivered.

N3V never delivered many, many, many ,many things. Back on Kickstarter, they were talking about routes in India, South Africa and Japan
50189a20158eb4ed5be03477bcaa21dd_large.jpg

We dont have these now, and i think we will never have:(

Nice shots. I can use them instead of the wallpapers that were promised for KickStarter supporters, but which N3V never delivered.

As said they will be delivered when TANE is finished........... Or do you want wallpaper from a part finished version?

As said they will be delivered when TANE is finished........... Or do you want wallpaper from a part finished version?

No. We were told to expect them around the time of the Beta (Update #34) Then we were told October, and since then nothing. I do not expect them to be simple screenshots (which anyone can do once it's released), but to show off the features in T:ane with some artistic flourish.

Last edited:
N3V never delivered many, many, many ,many things. Back on Kickstarter, they were talking about routes in India, South Africa and JapanWe dont have these now, and i think we will never have:(

That was hopeful content for anyone who bought the product. The wallpapers were exclusive to KickStarter backers, part of the listed rewards for making the KickStarter commitment - a completely diiferent thing.

Last edited:
N3V never delivered many, many, many ,many things. Back on Kickstarter, they were talking about routes in India, South Africa and Japan

We dont have these now, and i think we will never have:(

Seeing how N3V doesnt create the routes in T:ANE or any version of Trainz for that matter. They are made be 3rd party members. For example, TUME made Avery-Drexel, JoinedRail made Mojave etc. It was probably negotiations fell through for those routes or they maybe withheld for future DLC.

Thank you Poul, yes, I had issues with 2 of the generic interiors created by AURAN/N3VGames, these were working perfect in TS12 SP1 31688 but recognized/flagged as faulty. AURAN/N3VGames in their wisdom haven't updated these yet, they are their created files and are not TANE updated nor build in yet.

I am using the TANE build in SD40-2 interior/cab, hence I am sitting sidewise with a crooked neck trying to look straight out front. The other issues I had was with the odd image which is underneath the driver icon in Driver, I just deleted the reference in the configuration.

The screenshots are terribly distorted as the screen resolution one sets in TANE does not work yet in Driver, I have to manipulate my screenshots in PhotoShop to get these reasonable right. You might have seen trees on the left leaning some 30 degrees to the left, trees on the right do the opposite leaning to the right. What were they thinking installing this "fisheye lens" feature into TANE?

Plus TANE is overly too bright and specular is terribly overdone in it, I was told this will be fixed in the final release. On now to the extra 4 bonus routes I have installed, bonus, because I pre ordered TANE. One route, the Avery-Drexel one is over 1.5 GIGAbytes in data and is seasonal too. HUGE, and tomorrow I will have a spin on the other new routes and will post screenshots here.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

The 2 generic interiors are a pain in the back side but i have fixed them useing the Content Disc's i brought ages ago :) and gave them my kuid numbers for personal use.

I just use the snipping tool at the moment untill Tane final is released :) and we have a propper scrnshot folder :)

The brightness issue is a pain but i can live with it :)

RE : One route, the Avery-Drexel one is over 1.5 GIGAbytes in data and is seasonal too. HUGE, and tomorrow I will have a spin on the other new routes and will post screenshots here.

Will be waiting for that :) It's a great Route :)

Poul

Back