Updating Trainz Asset Database

peterwhite

Steam Rules OK
When I start up TS12 it is doing an auto update of the database on a regular basis. This started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Is anybody else having the same problem.
And before anybody jumps in to tell me I am not allowing enough time before I close down I have taddaemon showing on my toolbar so I know when it closes.

Peter

Peter, the last time this happened to me, was when TS12 was doing it's first ever validation check which screwed up my database, it took me endless days to get it to work as it should. I managed to, some how get it to work by cleaning out all the crap that either showed faulty or obsolete, and anything at all that I wasn't using. I just dumped it all into a separate file. Maybe I just got lucky and got rid of the right kuid that was the course of all my problems, I don't know for sure, and I guess I never will.

Userdata\cache\internet\ check there isn't loads of stuff in there that's older than 24 hours. It's supposed to get emptied however it sometimes isn't and I think may be one of the causes of database repairs automatically starting.

Userdata\cache\internet\ check there isn't loads of stuff in there that's older than 24 hours. It's supposed to get emptied however it sometimes isn't and I think may be one of the causes of database repairs automatically starting.

I have 808 items in that folder dating from 09/02/2005 to present date.
If that is the problem why has it only started in the last three weeks?

Peter

Mine is showing the same, most of which are only picture of the models you would find on the CM.
I doubt that your problem lies here.
Might as well give it a try though.

Last edited:
49922 empties the cache and does not have frequent database updating , 61388 says its deleting stuff but it remains the same and has frequent database updates may not be the cause however I found that deleting the cache solved the stuck database repair problems in T:ANE and as the contents appear to be pretty much as in TS12, worth a shot? Just applying a bit of logic to the problem.

49922 empties the cache and does not have frequent database updating , 61388 says its deleting stuff but it remains the same and has frequent database updates may not be the cause however I found that deleting the cache solved the stuck database repair problems in T:ANE and as the contents appear to be pretty much as in TS12, worth a shot? Just applying a bit of logic to the problem.

It's worth a try so I will delete all in the folder and keep my fingers crossed.
I'll let you know if it works

Peter

In TS12 it is, but what about T:ANE? There is no "userdata" folder anywhere on my Win 8.1 system that is associated with T:ANE.

It's not called User Data directly, but instead it's located here: C:\Users\your-login-name\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE.

John

I'm sorry to say that clearing the folder of older content has not worked. Back to the drawing board.
Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Back