WM 2-8-0

93 class 16 tender were converted to aux tenders between May 52 and April 53 (and upgraded during 54 from 16k gallons to 20k gallons water capacity), one for each 43 A class engines and 50 to distribute among the Y-classes. One was even coupled to an E2 Pacific in the last days the Bluefield - Norton was steam-powered.
:)

Not to be rude, but I think we have gone away from the main topic of this thread, the WM H9 2-8-0. At this point in time, I would like to know whether or not the H9 will be released in the not too distant future. I would love to see this locomotive released, as would others. Is there anything specific holding the project back at this time?

Is there anything specific holding the project back at this time?

Other projects, namely some commissions, as well as a lack of time. I don't like getting deep into a project this involved only to stop indefinitely a few hours later because I don't have time the rest of the week. A free weekend sometime may be enough to get going on it provided some of the other stuff progresses by then.

Definitely wanting to get it done though, I've had a video or two I've wanted to make for a good while now.

Last edited:
When its finished, will we be able to purchase it off the JR site, or will it be somewhere else? If its going to be weeks away yet, it will be easier to go to the JR site occasionally to look for it than to try and remember what this thread is called and try to find it. Cheers

I still haven't done anything more on it. I might tentatively say it's a year away if not for someone coming in here a year from now asking why it isn't done. I very much want it finished but at the moment there are too many other things that need taken care of as well. It will indeed be on JR when completed--and it will be completed.

After rereading this thread for the first time in awhile I got to wondering just how many WM locomotives we had. Here is what I found.

1 X 2-10-2, 2 X 2-10-0, 3 X 4-6-2, 1 X 2-8-0, 1 X 2-8-2, and K&L's WMSR 2-8-0

Surprising little considering we probably have more WM track miles, thanks to jrfolco, than most other railroads. (Shown at Thomas, W Va. WM and B&O Mega Route)

Last edited:
If all goes well, the next step should be replacing that large 4-6-2 with something that actually resembles its prototype. Not trying to put down the creators, but WM locomotives are distinctive enough to make stand-ins difficult. I figure my H9 and eventual K2 (or that K1 skin for now), Steve's 734 as a substitute H7b, and maybe an I1 would allow a pretty good representation of the Thomas sub. Of course, the West sub is the one I'm after...

Last edited:
now, i know im a bit late on this, but WMSR 734 is very wrong, the Western Maryland owned a H7 numbered 734 (had a top mounted head light and other differences) WMSR basically made a cross between and H7 and H9. If you take the WM 2-8-2 and remove the trailing truck, that should do, i personally will probably kitbash some WM locos, as i am a big WM fan.

Back