TANE:CE Install problem. Please help if Possible.

mrsnowfoxy

So I just waited a few hours for my Trainz A new Era CE edition to download, Now I put the Zip file on my desktop to try an open it, 7zip tells me it cannot be opened as an archive. For informative purposes, I am running Win7 home ultra, 64 java fully updated, *gb of ram, And around 1.54 TB of memory space So.. Can anyone tell me why I cannot open the trainz file with 7zip Or Winrar?

WinRar Output when trying to extract: ! C:\Users\Viper\Desktop\tempTANE\TANE-CE-70957_install.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

7zip Output: Can not Open 'C:\users\Viper\Desktop\tempTANE\Tane-CE-70957_install.zip' as an Archive!

Any help would be Immensely appreciated.

I hate to say this but it looks like you may have to go through the pain of downloading it all again. I've unzipped with 7zip without problem so it looks likely that your download is corrupt.

Dave
Damn, Okay I'll try again, Maybe with chrome this time instead of Firefox this time and let you know how it goes:(

I downloaded with Chrome but it took a very long time (10 hours). The zip file length should show as 8,511,918kb. I unzipped it with WinZip.

Quite a few of the beta testers had download problems with the RC version last week which is why the instructions suggest using a download manager.

I unzipped it in Windows Explorer, without Winzip or 7zip or any other add-on. I don't see the need.

Now, I can not even down load the game, Chrome and firefox get half way through and fail due to a " network error" so I guess il have to wait till febuary :/

(EDIT: As in what kind, They just Mentioned using A download manager, Thanks for the vague unhelpfule advice nv3 -.-)

Last edited:
Now, I can not even down load the game, Chrome and firefox get half way through and fail due to a " network error" so I guess il have to wait till febuary :/

some one mentioned a download manager? the email I recieved said nothing about that.

I beg to differ... I know it's kind of hard seeing some text when there's a wall of letters. :)

Step #2 note:

Note:
The file is approximately 8GB and although we have a new 100TB server with
super-fast connection speeds, it can still take a long time to download a file
of this size. We recommend using a download manager in order to resume
downloading if interrupted.

I used Internet Explorer 11 to download the file, and Windows File Explorer (Windows 10 T-Preview) to open the file without issues.

As Paul said, some of us had the same problem with the RC download. You might want to try a download manager such as Free Download manager, and see if it helps. All there needs to be is a burp and a flicker to take out the downloading data!

John

I can not put the Russian language, why?
and second I can not move freely in the cockpit?

Last edited:
Russian language isn't available yet. It's being worked on.

Odd that your keyboard doesn't work for moving around. Have you tried tab and ctrl keys just like in TS12?

John

to move around the cabin yapropisyval trainzoptions.txt line -freeintcam, and vprosik Ruthenian language then it will be available or not?

to move around the cabin yapropisyval trainzoptions.txt line -freeintcam, and vprosik Ruthenian language then it will be available or not?

We have been told that only a couple of languages are available. I don't think Russian was one of them.

I cannot get freeintcam to work either. Elsewhere it was said that trainzoptions.txt needs to be in the userdata folder but I have tried it there and also in the TANE executable folder. You can turn on the camera locations within the game options but I cannot move around using any of the arrow keys or ctrl/shift etc.

Elsewhere it was said that trainzoptions.txt needs to be in the userdata folder but I have tried it there and also in the TANE executable folder.

I'm not sure where you got that info, but 'trainzoptions.txt' is a Jet thing, and doesn't apply to T:ANE. All options that exist are present in the UI (either in Launcher>Settings or in the in-game settings.)

chris

I have downloaded CE without issue and it unzipped and installed just fine. Now when I go to start TANE I see the Asset download screen. During testing some times we were to download assets, other times we were told not to download assets. What is the situation with CE?
Also when I go to pick a train in driver, there are no trains available at this time. Not sure what to do with that.

Please advise.

Thanks,

I have downloaded CE without issue and it unzipped and installed just fine. Now when I go to start TANE I see the Asset download screen. During testing some times we were to download assets, other times we were told not to download assets. What is the situation with CE?

Is this the deluxe edition content? If so, you should be right to download it. If it's something else, let me know what and I'll find out the answer for you.

Also when I go to pick a train in driver, there are no trains available at this time. Not sure what to do with that.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Is this in QuickDrive, or Multiplayer, or something else?

chris

... During testing some times we were to download assets, other times we were told not to download assets. What is the situation with CE? ...

Everything you require should come with your initial download EXCEPT the four additional routes allocated to those with access to the higher reward scheme. Those four additional routes will be available for download as soon as you launch T:ANE. DO NOT download anything other than the four routes or you will corrupt your installed software. If you still have access to the testers site then refer to there for the latest information on this.

Dave

So after 4 days, multiple computers, various browsers and different download managers, I finally got a clean download of CE that would unzip without errors. I've been around networks and file transfers for 20+ years and this was one of the most frustrating episodes I've ever run across.

Anyway I got CE installed and the additional routes downloaded and installed and every time I go into a route and select the Quick Drive session there are no trains to select from. In addition the popup that tells me there are no trains and describes how to install them doesn't work, and I see no other methods for adding trains, consists, rolling stock, or whatever. The pre-defined sessions seem to have all the equipment necessary to perform the tasks. Is this the way CE is supposed to be?

And, yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled CE twice with no errors or problems.
Thanks for any help or advice.
Dave G.

So after 4 days, multiple computers, various browsers and different download managers, I finally got a clean download of CE that would unzip without errors. I've been around networks and file transfers for 20+ years and this was one of the most frustrating episodes I've ever run across.

Anyway I got CE installed and the additional routes downloaded and installed and every time I go into a route and select the Quick Drive session there are no trains to select from. In addition the popup that tells me there are no trains and describes how to install them doesn't work, and I see no other methods for adding trains, consists, rolling stock, or whatever. The pre-defined sessions seem to have all the equipment necessary to perform the tasks. Is this the way CE is supposed to be?

And, yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled CE twice with no errors or problems.
Thanks for any help or advice.
Dave G.

The CE doesn't have any pre-made consists listed, that's why you don't see any Trainz to place in Quick Drive.
Easy work around is to fire up Surveyor, place a stretch of track and place locos and rolling stock to buildup whatever train you want, click the Train Mode button, click Get Consist and click on your train, name it so it saves. Exit Surveyor and go to any Quick Drive, now you have your custom consist to drive :)

Regards,
Sidds

OK- I've logged in to download the CE file. The first one, I hadn't logged into My Trainz and I got a paltry 56 to 85 kb download and it downloaded 1.8 gb before dying. I have tried again today twice and am getting 348 download speed,which is what I would expect for a first class download, but they both puked out at around 2.1 and 2.2 gb. What's going on.

Back