TS12 deleting assets, whole routes missing

AJC

Bagpipes and Trainz
Hey All,

I have recently bought a new copy of TS12 after my original went missing. My neighbour did the same, and after three weeks of route creation we began to notice assets from our creations would be deleted after saving and exiting correctly. I also keep getting a message that Trainz cannot save read-only files. To that problem, I used the "save-as" in the main menu, which cured that issue. My neighbour though, has created intricate routes with massive attention to detail, but every so often when TS12 is booted again for more mapping, the route, and all assets, details and depedencies are deleted and missing. A search of the DLS shows that it is truly deleted, and nowhere to be seen. Does anyone in the trainz community know of a cause to this problem, and if so, a solution? We have both had maps, sessions and downloads deleted from the database.

Please help,

AJC

I am getting a feeling that you are not running the game as Administrator. This is needed in order to save (some, if not all) assets. Can you check that?

In addition to what oknotsen has stated, simply having an administrator account is not sufficient - it needs to be specifically set to run as administrator.

Shane

Hey All,

I have recently bought a new copy of TS12 after my original went missing. My neighbour did the same, and after three weeks of route creation we began to notice assets from our creations would be deleted after saving and exiting correctly. I also keep getting a message that Trainz cannot save read-only files. To that problem, I used the "save-as" in the main menu, which cured that issue. My neighbour though, has created intricate routes with massive attention to detail, but every so often when TS12 is booted again for more mapping, the route, and all assets, details and depedencies are deleted and missing. A search of the DLS shows that it is truly deleted, and nowhere to be seen. Does anyone in the trainz community know of a cause to this problem, and if so, a solution? We have both had maps, sessions and downloads deleted from the database.

Please help,

AJC

Hello AJC,

I have also had the message - Trainz cannot save read-only files. What is happening when you save the route into another name, just like the message suggests?

Are you working with several layers within your creations? When you open a session - are your layers locked?

Is there also an extended database repair every time you open your trainz TS12 version? Do you save your work with separate session names, or do you overwrite your session every time a modification has been done?
Are you and your neighbour working on a common project? If yes, do you exchange sessions with each other?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Back