Screenshot of The Week: December 7 to December 14 2014 (Under The Trees)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Christmas is almost upon us, and guess one thing with wheels that's usually found circling under trees during this time? This week's theme is brought to you by Chance (trainman7616); Under The Trees. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 15 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Hi all, thanks for asking. As usual, you guys are free to be as creative as you like. It could be legit Model Railroadz under a giant Christmas tree, but I didn't specifically say that, so it could be something like this instead.

tumblr_n2xol9zVxI1s6gw9vo1_500.jpg

Or anything really. Have fun!

Here's a T class that just came out of a tunnel that went under a load of trees, does that count?

d007d5a4c2cdd2498afa446332b818d1.jpg

...Lookin' for a home among the gum trees... Where the Koalas pee...
Stevo

I want to say this. When me and nicky were thinkin of ideas and this came up, we werent all that sure how to go with it. I was originally thinkin like a under a the christmas tree type thing. But there are no christmas trees big enough for that.

So I guess since were using this topic. Pictures of trees completely surrounded and covered by trees like a canopy are what you want. The top pics do a good job of capturing this.

I remember downloading a christmas tree layout when i was new to the DLS. If i could remember the name, I would. The trains ran on circular platforms that resembled a christmas tree.

Keep calm and try to remember,

I want to say this. When me and nicky were thinkin of ideas and this came up, we werent all that sure how to go with it. I was originally thinkin like a under a the christmas tree type thing. But there are no christmas trees big enough for that. ~snip~
There is on my train set.:D

Cheers™
Casper
:p

Christmas3_zps7fec758d.jpg~original

On a freight charter, the Durbin and Greenbrier's Moore Keppel Climax 3 Stops near the end of track at a particularly weedy section under some oaks near a switch stand as the track gets closer and closer to Cass. The river can be seen in the backround at right curving around behind the train (look for the treeless area.)
d080b87946c55ead5e15cf9dcd16d55b.jpg

Enjoy this late summer early fall under the trees picture.
Saturnr

P.S. For more information this route and some other ideas, see my thread " Saturnr's Route ". I intend to do some work to this route and others and any collaboration on some of the larger ones would be great!

Last edited:
The older sister was so excited to get a bicycle that she peddled madly around and underneath the Christmas tree with her siblings watching on. All were oblivious to whom popped the pressies there. There really is a Santa! :D

Merry Christmas everybody!

Why is the christmas tree outside? Anyway, heres mine. The train IS under a tree, there are vines on the walkway above it. I think so industrially that it is the most nature I can do! :hehe:
ScreenShot2014-12-09at35917PM_zps2200b029.png
[/URL]
[/IMG] You get a candy cane if you can feel me what route this is!

Last edited:
Back