AI ignoring 05 signals

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
I have set up a small piece of track to test the different signals, when I came across something. The AI will ignore an 05 signal displaying red and simply drive straight through it without slowing down or stopping. Am I setting something up wrong or is this just how they work in trainz?

The 05 signal is a permissive or intermediate signal that does not require a stop before passing a red aspect. I'm not sure if the trains will actually drop speed or stop short of crashing into another train.

It doesn't hit the train occupying the block, it just goes through the signal and stops behind the train in front of it. The way I understand it trains have to stop at the red signal, but are allowed to continue through after coming to a complete stop.

It doesn't hit the train occupying the block, it just goes through the signal and stops behind the train in front of it. The way I understand it trains have to stop at the red signal, but are allowed to continue through after coming to a complete stop.

That is true but simply isn't how Trainz has ever handled a permissive stop signal. guess they are all no stop permissive.

Use an 04 signal instead. Trainz will not pass an 04 signal at red or if it does will apply emergency braking and wait two minutes before carrying on.

Cheers,
Bill69

Well I wanted to use the 05's because the signals will be over 2 miles apart (following prototype measurements) and I didn't want trains waiting for a block to be empty before entering. I also had a question about the restricted aspect on 08's, the signals will show a medium clear (30 mph) but the speed limit is reduced to 15? 06 signals show a medium speed aspect and the train continues at track speed.

In TS2009 and above trains slow to half line speed on a yellow. My beef is that they slow too early.
I find that they slow to half line speed when they pass the previous green.

Cheers,
Bill69

This is from a tutorial I downloaded awhile back (I forget where but I hope it helps you):

Signal Aspects
Aspects are combinations of lights or other indicators (like a semaphore, for
example) that provide the train’s engineer with information about the track ahead
and instructions on how to proceed. In their simplest form, there are three
aspects:
Clear meaning: proceed.
Caution meaning: proceed at reduced speed, be ready to stop short of the
next signal.
Stop meaning just what the name implies.
Given those three states, there are many additional aspects, such as Limited
Clear, Approach Medium, Medium Clear and so forth. These vary considerably by
region and local practice. The signaling guide discusses a number of them.
The game defines the following eight aspects.
1 0 Stop
2 1 Full stop, then proceed at restricted speed
3 2 Caution and left diverge
4 3 Caution and right diverge
5 4 Caution
6 5 Proceed and left diverge
7 6 Proceed and right diverge
8 7 Advanced Proceed
9 8 Proceed
It’s important to remember that AI trains can only use the three basic aspects:
zero, four and eight. If they encounter a signal displaying some other aspect,
they default to the next lower of the basic three: zero or four. For example, if the
AI train gets a signal with an aspect of six (proceed with left diverge), it will
default to a four (caution). If it gets a three, it will drop back to zero (and stop).
Get the idea?
So then, it appears you can build a basic signaling system in Railroad Simulator

Back