Metro North New Haven Line

Andres_Nunez

Buffalonian
Man i haven't done one of these in a while. Okay so like the title says i started making the Metro North New Haven line all the way from GCT to New Haven, i may include all if not some of the branch lines and maybe extend it to Shore East commuter territory. Anyway i'm using google maps and google earth to find the distances and curve radius and such. Ive started work from about 57th street all the way to tremont station. Ive done a skeleton which just includes tracks, important roads and scenery items. Here are some shots

125th Street

Harlem River Bridge

Mott Haven Junction with Lincoln Hospital to the right and Hostos community college to the left, i'm using temporary objects till i find something more suitable.

Future site of Melrose Station

Future Site of Tremont Station

Next extend up to fordham and woodlawn. I would really appreciate it if somebody could get me reference pictures of the section between Fordham and Botanical Gardens and Botanical Gardens and Williamsbridge. I sort of have an idea of Woodlawn junction but i could use some help there to. I'll try to post updates daily as i have some spare time after school to work on this. Just to let you know this is the first route that i'm seriously committed to and would like all your comments, opinion and suggestions.

This is good progress on the New Haven line Andres_Nunez.

Thanks Malik

ok i finished Grand Central Terminal (fictional of course) two levels side by side with about 100 tracks combined. Took me about an hour and a half but its done, now what remains to be done is the single track flyover to the southbound tracks and cosmetics. Had to place some Metro North cars to check the flyover clearance as you can see, one rule i will tell you about this route is: NO DOUBLE LEVEL CARS. The tallest things that ive provided clerances for are the M8 and the P32. Other than that Bi-Levels are not allowed. Anyway here are the pics

Now moving up north to Fordham, Williamsbridge and Woodlawn. After that well tackling the mighty hell of the New Haven line east and north of Mount Vernon.

Nice shots. To me, Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station took about a month or two to complete but the end result is awesome. It's amazing what can be built in Trainz. I know back in the 90's, LIRR had a C1 or C3 bilevel set tested in the Park Avenue tunnels but the test was probably unsuccessful because only single level cars currently travel through the Park Avenue tunnels.

The trackwork looks really average to me to be honest. If I were doing that station it would take me a week minimum, as I would be lining up the track to look smooth and curve as least jerky as possible. The points look too sharp for me.

jamie

The trackwork looks really average to me to be honest. If I were doing that station it would take me a week minimum, as I would be lining up the track to look smooth and curve as least jerky as possible. The points look too sharp for me.

jamie

im doing the basics first and then move on to the rest, besides this the first big route that i am doing. When most of it is done im going to replace all the tracks and fine tune. Right now its just putting tracks down.

Back