Reskinning Problem

jeff1959

I am having an issue with reskinning the SD60 from RRmods. Here's what I've done:
Cloned the locomotive.
Opened and modified the map1.tga file. (this is the main locomotive skin file)
Save the file.
Committed the asset. (Control M)
Opened Trainz12 Railyard

The asset still shows as the original skin.

I've done the extended database rebuild but I still end up with seeing the original skin. I have done this with other locomotives without issue. Is there something with the SD60?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Are there any errors in CM?

If not, enable show kuids in Surveyor, and see if you can place your locomotive on the tracks. By showing the Kuid, you can be assured you have the right locomotive.

John

Jeff,
So, if you re-open the cloned asset, and examine the texture file, what do you see?

ns

When I reopen the cloned asset, the map1.tga file shows the modified/changed skin. There are no errors, however, several warnings which should not play a role:
Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_3a.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_3b.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_4a.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_5a.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_5b.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_6a.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/digit_6b.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'sd60_body/numboard1.tga' is a uniform color.

In surveyor, it shows that I have the correct locomotive. I can put it down on the track, but it's the original skin.
There are no missing dependencies. I am not sure what's going on.

Last edited:
Seems there is something with this asset. I will email RRmods and see. I have no intention of distributing this skin. Not sure the reason.

The locomotive is probably using texture-replacement (check the config.txt), the script selecting one of several textures from a texture-group.

Peter

Back