BNSF SD70ACe B unit not showing up in Surveyor

deathletter

I bought the the BNSF SD70 ACe (Low Light) two pack yesterday and I am having problems with the SD70ACe B unit not showing up in surveyor. In content manager their are no errors, warnings and no missing kuids. It is highlighted in white in surveyor but no photo of the asset shows up to show you what you are adding. Normally when something is amiss the asset will be red in surveyor. I have deleted the asset and reinstalled it twice with the same problem. I also tried to add the unit to a new route in surveyor and had the same issue. The other unit in the two pack works perfectly. I have contacted JR but I was hoping someone else had had this issue and figured out how to fix the problem. I really do want this B unit. I have Trainz 2010 version 3.3 build 49933.

Regards,
Charles

That sure is a cool "what if" loco !
Are the trainz-builds of the loco, and in all of the dependencies, config files, all equal to, or lesser than your trainz-build ?
bnsf_sd70acb.png

Last edited:
Okay.... I opened content creator plus and I think I see the problem. Even though their are no errors or warnings in content manager, I do see this error in content creator plus: "Unable to load indexed mesh 'mesh_body\body.lm'" When I click that then this shows up highlighted in red: mesh_body\body.lm

What does all of that mean?

Last edited:
That would indicate an issue with the LM mesh data.I would revert it then check with JR if they have a fix or update available for that.

Shane

I added a horn sound to my config and it showed up for me. Same thing for my pvr unit. I used the same horn as the sd70ace low light unit. Keep in mind I'm using 2009.

Try doing a Data base repair scan.

I did and it caused more problems. All of the JR assets with the FX file were showing up as faulty. The FX dependency was not being recognized. After doing three more EDBR's, the FX file is no longer an issue and the assets are no longer faulty.

Unfortunately, I still can not add the SD70ACe B unit to a consist in surveyor. That problem was not fixed.....

I added a horn sound to my config and it showed up for me. Same thing for my pvr unit. I used the same horn as the sd70ace low light unit. Keep in mind I'm using 2009.

They were using 2009 too. Just added the hornsound line into the config and bang it works for them. Weird, seeing as how it works without the hornsound in TS12 just fine.

Glad to hear I helped out :) Took me forever to figure it out, lol. I feel the same way Kevin I didn't get how it worked in my 12 just fine but not in 09.

Back