Unable to download anything ?

hotgrove

Without making any changes to my laptop I'm suddenly unable to download.When using the DS i'm told I don't have the appropriate APP and when I try content manager I get an error message saying i don't have this.....d3dx9_42.dll.....As i said,i haven't made any changes ?

To fix the .dll error, you need to update your DirectX files.

As for your other error, my Trainz Protocol Changer can fix this.

Shane

Thanks for the replies folks.I done the DirectX update Shane and I can now download in CM however when i go to the DLS i can't seem to download in the usual manner.I am missing an APP however it appears i can download using the second option "download FTP"

Hi Hotgrove,

I have had the exact same problem with my laptop, I too have now updated. However I do have a couple of further questions. My game is set to run in open GL, so why would DirectX affect it this way. And should the Microsoft updates not include this update?

Hi Hotgrove,

I have had the exact same problem with my laptop, I too have now updated. However I do have a couple of further questions. My game is set to run in open GL, so why would DirectX affect it this way. And should the Microsoft updates not include this update?

Even though your game runs in Open/GL and Content Manager uses Open/GL to operate, they use parts of the DirectX components (bits and pieces) to integrate with the rest of the Windows graphics system and APIs. By updating the DX, you are replacing, fixing, and updating something that maybe missing or corrupt. This is why this works...

Regarding the internet, you might want to check your firewall to ensure that CM has access. I noticed too that both Trainz.exe applications, and TADDAEMON, look at the network so I now add them as well to the list of safe applications on my firewall.

Hi Hotgrove,

Hi Carr,my game is also set to run in open GL but as far as the technical side of trainz goes I rely on the clever people on this forum to keep me up and running.The constant updates I was getting were intruding on everything I was doing so I turned them off.

Back