UK and European Model Railways

itareus

A chance to post screenshots of your UK and European Model Railway inspired projects.

To kick things off, here are a few screenshots of my current project 'Appen'.

AppenDeparture_zps0724cdf0.jpg~original

5MTDeparts_zpsa31cf305.jpg~original

5bd00f4e-0184-4cc7-831c-753b8759692c_zpsfe46a46a.jpg~original

Some shots of my Bramleigh to Appleton via Braeburn. This is the rural terminus at Bramleigh with maltings served by a siding. A lot of detail still to be added.

Ray

Last edited:
A gift to me from itareus but probably not published and it may have been wrong to me to include the gentleman! I'll hand over to Chris now.

Ray

Thanks for jogging my memory gentlemen, 2 versions of the 4mm man were submitted to the DLS about 5 minutes ago. (Edit: Now approved so should be on the DLS tomorrow).

Ray,

Please replace your existing asset(s) with these version - should be identical except for some wording.

John,

Just to say I have not forgotten that wagon turntable.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
Objection

I've just called the RSPCA.

You've encased the cat's rear right paw in solid concrete. Bet you've also been constantly running that loco back and forth, just to cause the moggie further irritation!
Shame on you.:n:

Casper
:D

Only joking. I dislike cats, so feel free to (well virtually) bury all four paws into the ground and run the damned thing over!

I've just called the RSPCA.

You've encased the cat's rear right paw in solid concrete. Bet you've also been constantly running that loco back and forth, just to cause the moggie further irritation!
Shame on you.:n:

Casper
:D

Only joking. I dislike cats, so feel free to (well virtually) bury all four paws into the ground and run the damned thing over!

You'll enjoy this page then...
http://www.009.cd2.com/cg_cats_and_modelling.htm

GASP! You…You dislike CATS! How-How COULD you! :'( Cats are my most favoritest animals! They are just so cute!
No they're not. They just lie around all day.

Here's the evidence.

catgoes.jpg

They contribute absolutely nothing, unless you include the deposits they leave in my shrub borders when scratching up my spring bulbs.

Anyway, we appear to have strayed (get it!) off topic.

Chris, that's a very nice job on the layout and some really creative stuff with the "normal" sized human and feline assets.
It must be unique to Trainz. Great work!:Y:

Can I ask what the rusty steam loco asset is please? I don't recognise it.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Last edited:
...Can I ask what the rusty steam loco asset is please?...

Stanier 5MT 4-6-0 Lined BR Black,<kuid2:2512:5556:40> by Pikkabird.

An S&C add on item IIRC, and thanks for your kind words about the layout, high praise indeed coming from the master of scenic screenshots.

Cheers

Chris

Appleton, the other end of the line, and not yet detailed. At one time the line continued further (fiction!) as shown by the disused level crossing and short length of track.

Ray

Very nice, Chris, and it makes me realise how much detailing I still have to do. Perhaps after 18 months, like you, I'll be getting there.

But I've been sidetracked into experimenting with models enlarged all round to 2250% to simulate the setting for a 1:22.5 scale garden railway. Much to my surprise, it works.

Ray

Last edited:
Back