Belgian routes

belgian46

Hello Everybody,

Looked within the screenshot section for a thread about Belgian routes. To my surprise, a Belgian routes thread doesn't even exist.

Well, It' s about time to start one. Nevertheless, here is also a link to a Belgian route made by Carr ( http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?107379-Belgium-(question)&highlight=belgium ).

Here are some screenshots about the Belgian coastal tram-train route ( Knokke to De Panne ( 65 km ) and containing several elements.
COASTAL%20TRAM%20TRAIN%20ROUTE%20KNK-DEP.png

Here you have a map with the position of the tram route ( Knokke - De Panne )

1_Knokke%20train%20station.jpg

View on Knokke train station

2_Knokke%20depot%20and%20tram%20stop.jpg

View on Knokke depot and tram stop

3bb_Knokke%20watertoren%20tramstop.jpg

Knokke watertoren tram stop

4a_Heist%20Duinbergen%20tramstop.jpg

Heist - Duinbergen tram stop

5aaa_Heist%20Heldenplein%20tramstop.jpg

Heist - Heldenplein tram stop

6bb_Heist%20Dijk%20%20tramstop.jpg

Heist - Dijk tram stop

7a_Zeebrugge%20zeesluis%20tram%20stop.jpg

Coming in Zeebrugge - zeesluis tram stop

8b_Zeebrugge%20Vandamme%20Zeesluizen.jpg

In Zeebrugge - The Vandamme zeesluis view ( right side - coming from Knokke )

The route isn't finished yet - still a lot of work has to be done.

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

Here are some other screenshots of the Belgian Coastal Tram Train route

8cc_Zeebrugge%20MK48%20Seaking.jpg

Seaking rescue action in harbour of Zeebrugge

9bbb_Zeebrugge%20Kerk%20Tramstop.jpg

Zeebrugge Kerk tram stop

10aa_Zeebrugge%20visart%20sluis.jpg

View at the Visartsluis and Gauss bridge in Zeebrugge

11bb_Zeebrugge%20vaart%20tram%20stop.jpg

Zeebrugge vaart tram stop

12_Zeebrugge%20strandwijk%20tramstop.jpg

Zeebrugge strandwijk tram stop

13aa_Blankenberge%20Duinse%20polders%20tramstop.jpg

Going to Blankenberge Duinse polders tram stop

14a_Blankenberge%20Sealife%20tram%20stop%20.jpg

Blankenberge Sealife tram stop

15_Blankenberge%20Pier%20tram%20stop.jpg

Blankenberge Pier tram stop

17a_Blankenberge%20Markt%20tram%20stop.jpg

Blankenberge Markt - station tram stop

If you see some elements which could be done differently - don't hesitate to place your comment(s).

Thank you.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

And were moving on

16_Blankenberge%20Tram%20en%20Trainstation.jpg

Blankenberge train station

18a_Blankenberge%20harbour.jpg

View on Blankenberge harbour.

19a_Wenduine%20Harendijke%20tram%20stop.jpg

Wenduine Harendijke tram stop.

19a_Wenduine%20Manitoba%20tram%20stop.jpg

Distance view on Wenduine.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello everybody;

And the journey continues

20a_Wenduine%20centrum%20tram%20stop.jpg

Arriving at Wenduine centrum tram stop

20a_Wenduine%20Molen%20tram%20stop%20.jpg

and going to Wenduine tram stop Molen

20a_Wenduine%20Seaking.jpg

Seaking flying over Wenduine

View on Wenduine Konijnenpad tram stop

20aa_Wenduine%20Konijnenpad%20tram%20stop.jpg

Now we are entering the area of De Haan

21a_De%20Haan%20Zwarte%20Kiezel%20tram%20stop.jpg

Turn around not far from tram stop Zwarte Kiezel

21b_De%20Haan%20Waterkasteellaan%20tram%20stop.jpg

View on De Haan Waterkasteellaan

21bb_De%20Haan%20aan%20zee%20tram%20stop.jpg

And arriving at De Haan aan zee - a village where Albert Einstein has spent a period of his life ( March 28 until September 9, 1932 ).

Until next time ...

Best regards

Kurt

Last edited:
I've just come across these screenshots, Kurt - excellent work. I had models of the modern Belgian trams in TRS2004 - I must get them into later versions.

Incidentally, I'm working (occasionally) on a new model of the 1930s to 1950s diesel trams using drawings kindly supplied by Martin Petch, who is a garden railway modeller and measured the prototypes in the museum at Thuin to make his own drawings. Progress is very slow but so far I've managed a passenger-enabled body on dummy bogies, without wheels. I now need to learn animation! Unfortunately I keep getting sidetracked by other interests.

Ray

Ray

Hello Ray,

My intention is to use your electric tram cream within the route - and this specifically in the De Haan area. Every first weekend of August, trammelant is organised in De Haan and then the older tram version comes out of the depot in Oostende.

Up to now, I haven't checked your trams within TS12.

Nice to know, you are busy with a new model. Visiting the museum in Thuin is also planned, probably next year.

Best regards

Kurt:wave:

I've done some parts of this line a few years ago (Blankenbergen - Knokke and some parts of Nieuwpoort). It seems to look like you are using standard gauge track, but I remember that the Kusttram is narrow gauge.

Am I right?

Greetings,
Rutger

RutgerdeWater: Yes you are right it is a narrow gauge line, but I think in all fairness to Belgian46. Where can you find suitable modern Belgium narrow gauge trams on DLS? So I would be happy with this small compromise as the screenshots, after all, are a very good representation of the line in my view,

Hello Kurt

Please remember that my electric tram cream was a very early model based on a very old drawing which I made some forty or so years earlier, plus internet photos. The windows are 'printed on', not transparent, and thanks to drawings kindly given to me by Martin Petch I now know that my guesswork dimensions were inaccurate. I have remade an early diesel model to correct dimensions as a stopgap whilst working on a new version with transparent windows, passenger enabled, etc. but have not uploaded it to the DLS because it is still very basic. I'm glad to hear that at least one early tram still makes an appearance in its home country.

Incidentally, looking at photos when I was living in Valenciennes in 1952/3, there appears not to be very many differences between the Belgian and Northern French trams, and of course the latter crossed the border from Valenciennes to, if I remember correctly, Mons where I had to change when I visited friends in Marchienne.

Ray

I've done some parts of this line a few years ago (Blankenbergen - Knokke and some parts of Nieuwpoort). It seems to look like you are using standard gauge track, but I remember that the Kusttram is narrow gauge.

Am I right?

Greetings,
Rutger

RutgerdeWater: Yes you are right it is a narrow gauge line, but I think in all fairness to Belgian46. Where can you find suitable modern Belgium narrow gauge trams on DLS? So I would be happy with this small compromise as the screenshots, after all, are a very good representation of the line in my view,

Hello RutgerdeWater, Mark

Yes, absolutely correct - the Coastal tram line, and also several others lines ( in the Cities of Gent, Antwerpen, Charleroi ) in Belgium are narrow gauge track ( 1000mm ). There are a few exceptions ( Brussel - normal track ).

As my building skills are rather poor, and I cannot make the narrow gauge trams myself, I had to take a decision when I started with the coastal route. On the other hand, there are all sorts of other compromises, one has to take, when building a route in Trainz ;) .

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello Kurt

Please remember that my electric tram cream was a very early model based on a very old drawing which I made some forty or so years earlier, plus internet photos. The windows are 'printed on', not transparent, and thanks to drawings kindly given to me by Martin Petch I now know that my guesswork dimensions were inaccurate. I have remade an early diesel model to correct dimensions as a stopgap whilst working on a new version with transparent windows, passenger enabled, etc. but have not uploaded it to the DLS because it is still very basic. I'm glad to hear that at least one early tram still makes an appearance in its home country.

Incidentally, looking at photos when I was living in Valenciennes in 1952/3, there appears not to be very many differences between the Belgian and Northern French trams, and of course the latter crossed the border from Valenciennes to, if I remember correctly, Mons where I had to change when I visited friends in Marchienne.

Ray

Hello Ray,

Your electric tram cream model is good for the task it will do. The task will be - starting in De Haan and using the turn around track at Zwarte Kiezel ( ref third last picture in my answer 4# ).

Most of the tram lines between some cities in France and Belgium have been replaced by buses, due to financial issues.

Best regards

Hello Kurt

I've just been admiring your whole sequence of screenshots again and was interested to see what must be some of my "modern" (1964) UK station platform waiting rooms in the distance!

Ray

Hello Ray,

A few of your creations are being used in this route - have a look at the Station in Blankenberge ( picture 1 answer #3 - station UK Terminus 6T ).

Best regards

Kurt

Last edited:
Sounds fair, just wait for some more belgian builders and you are able to have de right trams and some specific scenery.

Greetings,
Rutger

Sounds fair, just wait for some more belgian builders and you are able to have de right trams and some specific scenery.

Greetings,
Rutger

Hello Rutger,

I already have lots of help from other trainzers ( Worldwide :) ) and this is very much appreciated:Y:. Without their help, it would be playing the game ( which I still occasionally do ), instead of building a route.

Best regards

It's always good to know that one's creations are being used! Thank you, Kurt, and (rather early) my best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Happy Trainzimg!

Ray

It's always good to know that one's creations are being used! Thank you, Kurt, and (rather early) my best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Happy Trainzimg!

Ray

Hello Ray,

In return, Merry Christmas wishes and a healthy 2015.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello verybody

Going further with the coastal tram/trains route.

21c_De%20Haan%20aan%20zee%20tram%20stop.jpg

Another view on De Haan aan zee tram stop

21cc_View%20on%20De%20Haan.jpg

Distance view on De Haan

22a_De%20Haan%20Zeepreventorium%20tram%20stop.jpg

De Haan Zee Preventorium tram stop

23a_De%20Haan%20Vosseslag%20tram%20stop.jpg

23aa_De%20Haan%20Vosseslag%20tram%20stop.jpg

23aaa_De%20Haan%20Vosseslag%20tram%20stop.jpg

De Haan Vosseslag tram stop

24a_Bredene%20Renbaan%20tram%20stop.jpg

Coming in Bredene Renbaan tram stop

25a_Bredene%20Campings%20tram%20stop.jpg

Bredene Campings tram stop

26a_Bredene%20aan%20zee%20tram%20stop.jpg

Bredene aan zee tram stop

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello Kurt

Thank you for your good wishes. How do you make such a superb route so quickly? (No, I'm not really expecting an answer!)

Ra

Hello Kurt

Thank you for your good wishes. How do you make such a superb route so quickly? (No, I'm not really expecting an answer!)

Ra

Hello Ray,

There is no special Christmas magic happening. The tram route from Knokke to De Panne ( or vice versa ) has been totally created, it only needs a few detailed modifications ( textures, ground levels ) and some ATLS features.

I would like to find a solution for the following - in some parts of the tram route - tracks are laying within the roads and I get the following phenomenon. Trams are riding over the cars which are driving in front of them, or cars are riding through the trams.

And as of now I have to continue the route in TS12, because TS10 has given some script exceptions errors which I cannot solve. I don't know why TS10 is showing those errors and TS12 isn't showing them.

However I have to be careful with TS12 - Last Sunday I had the following popup in TS 12 - Trainz could not overwrite read-only route file. Try saving with a different name. It seems to be another bug within TS12.

Up to now, I have also not been able to merge large routes in TS12. The merging window is simply to small, and I cannot enlarge the merging window.

And I would like to do some merging to get the coastal railway stations connected to Brugge and Gent. Transdem is helping me with that process.

Without the merging possibility, I would be able to connect the coastal railway stations, but it only would take me much longer to get the job done

Best regards

Kurt:wave:

Last edited:
Back