New to TS2012.

SAR704

Haven't posted on this forum before, but I just purchased TS2012 and I'm wondering, are there any guides/tutorials at all for exporting assets into this program? I haven't been able to find any so far.

I used to use Trainz 2004, but it's been a very long time in between, and I'm not that familiar with how the formats/blueprints work, as I'm a complete newbie to the game. I've mainly used MSTS over the last few years, but I've decided to give Trainz a try.

Any assistance/help would be appreciated.

Hello SAR704:
Please register your serial number, and your Trainz Simulator 12 serial number, so as to be able to access the Download Station. When you have registered your serial number, it will appear in the 'timeline' next to your username, which shows other members that you do own a legitimate copy of Trainz that has been registered. As you have found, most members are unwilling to help anyone with custom content if they have not registered their serial number.

That said you use CM to import assets

Last edited:
Old thread. But I am sort of considering giving TS12 another try after some random screenshot in Steam indicated an ability to create semi-realistic lookng dirt roads. These are not possible in TS20XX without a special mysterious shader, or function in 3D studio max.

I hope that the copy is showing up as registered. I'm currently not aware of any way to verify this for myself.

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions: First of all, how does one expand the default grid/world in the TRS12 surveyor?

And are there any written tutorials on route creation around the place? I strongly prefer my own content, and have a few assets practically ready to go. Thanks.

Old thread. But I am sort of considering giving TS12 another try after some random screenshot in Steam indicated an ability to create semi-realistic lookng dirt roads. These are not possible in TS20XX without a special mysterious shader, or function in 3D studio max.

I hope that the copy is showing up as registered. I'm currently not aware of any way to verify this for myself.

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions: First of all, how does one expand the default grid/world in the TRS12 surveyor?

And are there any written tutorials on route creation around the place? I strongly prefer my own content, and have a few assets practically ready to go. Thanks.

Yup it shows registered.

Easy... Click on Topology tool - upper right corner.
Go to the edge of your baseboard where you want to add another.
Click on the add baseboard in the lower left corner of the panel.

Note: If you delete a baseboard, there's no undo so do so with care.

Regarding the TS12 manual, there is one.

Go to the directory where you installed TS12. Look in the "extras" folder. There is a Documentation folder and you should find the one you need.

D:\TS12\Extras\Documentation ---- where I have my TS12 installed.

Splines made in TS12 work fine in TRS19. There's no difference since they are all considered track these days. I recommend looking at the Wiki for more details.

Thanks for the info JCitron.

So I loaded the editor, and expanded the world, whilst anticipating a realistic looking DEM data ridden environment. The only problem is it's like the Delorean with an empty gas tank in the year 1776. How on earth do I determine where I am in this world without long/lat coordinates? In TS20XX, they're visible at the top of the screen.

In this game, they seem to be nowhere. So how do users build routes without these coordinates?

In this game, they seem to be nowhere. So how do users build routes without these coordinates?

I have lost count of how many routes I have built, all based on the real world, but I have never used the long/lat coordinates for route building. I have never needed them.

Each layout has a set world origin (long/lat) which you can set but its sole purpose is to determine whether January at your location is summer or winter.

Details (for TANE and TRS19) can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools

I agree with pware's comment. In addition, the majority of users appear to either create fantasy routes (no long/lat req'd); or they start with a TransDEM file, which basically eliminates the need for such information as all the important bits are there. I am currently working on a prototypical route this way, and I use maps and Google Earth help with details, but not location.
Happy building!
Ron

Thanks for the info JCitron.

So I loaded the editor, and expanded the world, whilst anticipating a realistic looking DEM data ridden environment. The only problem is it's like the Delorean with an empty gas tank in the year 1776. How on earth do I determine where I am in this world without long/lat coordinates? In TS20XX, they're visible at the top of the screen.

Back