2010 upgrades

Good evening Angelah,
Slightly off topic I know but.....
I have just discovered your excellent route which included Paddington OOC and GWR going westwards.:)
May I have permission to modify sections of the route and incorporate them into my own GWR WIP.
My apologies for contacting you via the forums.
Hope you eventually get your PC fully operational
Thank you Helian 43

Good evening Angelah,
Slightly off topic I know but.....
I have just discovered your excellent route which included Paddington OOC and GWR going westwards.:)
May I have permission to modify sections of the route and incorporate them into my own GWR WIP.
My apologies for contacting you via the forums.
Hope you eventually get your PC fully operational
Thank you Helian 43

You're welcome to use it as you wish. There is a new version coming out (not from me) that has the actual Paddington station in it, can't remember what it's called though.

Angela

OK - it sounds like something is preventing the patcher from working properly. It may be worth adding your Trainz folder as an exception to your antivirus software.

Shane

Hi Angela, Shane,

Just a suggestion(!)

Angela, can you locate the patch file?

If so, right click on this *.exe file and "run as administrator".

The other thought that the patcher will come up with a window showing where the trainz.exe file is (i.e the one to be patched) - make sure this is the TS 2010 - not an earlier version (the patcher can be quite dumb)

best wishes,

Colin

Hi Angela,
I have just done a 2010 install and patched it to 49933 without problems.
I went from 42203 to 44088 that took around an hour. Then from 44088 to 49933 was very quick just 10 minutes or so.
I have found a couple of things with the installs, (I have 4 running at present for various reasons), first when it installs, don't let it startup till you have patched.
That means taking out the tick at the finish screen.
The other thing I do is turn off my Avast Full version, then I disconnect the internet as well.
Then just leave it alone.
The indicator gets to halfway and sits there for ages, so just leave it and let it do its thing.
I used to have heaps of trouble trying to get patches to work, but this system has been fail safe for me.
Hope this is some help,
Cheers,
Mike

Patching

Hi Angela,
I have just done a 2010 install and patched it to 49933 without problems.
I went from 42203 to 44088 that took around an hour. Then from 44088 to 49933 was very quick just 10 minutes or so.
I have found a couple of things with the installs, (I have 4 running at present for various reasons), first when it installs, don't let it startup till you have patched.
That means taking out the tick at the finish screen.
The other thing I do is turn off my Avast Full version, then I disconnect the internet as well.
Then just leave it alone.
The indicator gets to halfway and sits there for ages, so just leave it and let it do its thing.
I used to have heaps of trouble trying to get patches to work, but this system has been fail safe for me.
Hope this is some help,
Cheers,
Mike

Hi all,
I'm trying to patch from 41622 to 44088. Maybe I should try 41622 to something lower? It is going to the right folder, I checked, but still says it's not the correct patch! I will try reinstalling again but it is getting boring and being an Aries boredom isn't good news for me, I weary of it quickly.

But I do appreciate how you have all stayed with this problem, so it's ongoing.

Angela

Hi Angela, Shane,

Just a suggestion(!)

Angela, can you locate the patch file?

If so, right click on this *.exe file and "run as administrator".

The other thought that the patcher will come up with a window showing where the trainz.exe file is (i.e the one to be patched) - make sure this is the TS 2010 - not an earlier version (the patcher can be quite dumb)

best wishes,

Colin

Yes, tried this as well but that same dreaded message appears that the patch is incorrect, and it isn't, very frustrating. I've tried everything else on here as well, several times!

Angela

Well, I think it patched this time - I hope! The Patcher never gave the fault message and it took a while but it did go to EXIT, which must mean something.
I haven't time to start running it now, off out to dinner, so will try tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for helping and the various and many suggestions.

Blessings,

Angela

Did it patch all the way up to 44088? *Fingers Crossed, sitting in suspense*

Falcus

Hi Falcus and Shane,
Yes, amazingly it did patch all the way up to 44088 and I have CCP up and working in the background. Transferred some of my routes over from 2004 as well.
So it looks like I am back in business - until Microsoft do something or other to my PC again and cause a crash!

Thanks to all involved in this rather epic journey of an installation, where would I be otherwise - using 2004, that's where. I still love that older version to bits though.

Blessings,

Angela

Glad you got it working Angela. 2010 is definitely worth the trouble and I agree it is nice to go back to good old 2004 because life was much easier there.
Cheers,
Mike

Glad you got it working Angela. 2010 is definitely worth the trouble and I agree it is nice to go back to good old 2004 because life was much easier there.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,
When I clicked the icon to start 2010 nothing happened for ages, about 5 minutes, and I had a horrible feeling it wasn't going to work. But it did - eventually, and seems to be better than the last installation for some reason, faster.
Began downloading assets like mad, miles missing, so let it do its own thing.
Not had a lot of time today though and probably not tomorrow as I'll be at the ranges shooting most of it. Getting good scores in the competition but I am up against some very good shots. Got to keep around 97 out of 100 minimum per card.

Blessings,

Angela

My my Angelah, you do seem to be a busy one.... Awesomeness. Good luck with the shooting competition.

Falcus

Back