Random Trainz crashing with Windows error

Jokel317

Hello all I keep getting this frustrating crash error. The time it appear`s is usually random anywhere from 20 mins on up. My system specs are Trainz 12 SP1 with the latest hotfix. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with latest updates, Acer T180 Desktop system, CPU AMD Athlon 64 bit X2 dual core 5600+ 2.80GHz, GPU/video card Nvidia 250 GTS 1 GB, 3 GB DDR2 ram, Non SSD Sata 1 TB WD hdd where Trainz resides. Hopefully there is somebody familiar with these sort of crash errors. Thank`s for taking the time with suggestions and looking.

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: trainz.exe
Application Version: 1.5.0.61388
Application Timestamp: 5277037c
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3
Exception Offset: 00008aa0
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 62ee
Additional Information 2: 62ee0cc6d8155edd32c12882c1c773dd
Additional Information 3: 4922
Additional Information 4: 4922cf50666632a5cefc9334abea8cf9

There are many causes to crashes such as this ranging from faulty hardware to heat and corrupted data.

Did this start suddenly and after installing content from the DLS, or has it been a truly on-going problem? I ask because if it's a truly recent thing, it could be related to corrupted assets, or bad scripts on content downloaded from the DLS.

Not too long ago, I had random, well they seemed to be random, crashes on one of my own routes. I went as far as to reinstall TS12, reload routes, etc., to no avail. Then for kicks, and basically at the point of ditching the route and starting over, I decided to check and reload the content from the route. This is where it got interesting... I went into CM and viewed the dependencies so I could check them one at a time. I opened a bunch up for edit, and there were a few that wouldn't open, and a few more that couldn't be committed even though they opened up okay. I went through the rest of the content and had the same with more so I deleted the dependencies and redownloaded, or installed them from backups. After that I had no more problems on the route with random crashes. Something got munched somewhere over the years and the problem finally showed it's ugly head.

John

The last couple months mostly. That I am aware of. I have had CMP freezing up where it would say not responding occasionally. Having to do quick and extended database repairs frequently. But this issue appear`s randomly last one happened tonight 15 minutes in. I have had the same route run for 1 hour and 15 mins and I actually exited with no errors. I have downloaded quite a bit of stuff off the DLS mostly from well known authors in the community.

Last edited:
You probably have a version of the faulting module that needs updating. Look here for some ideas: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-problem/e5e1ae2f-f109-4bde-af20-ebcb7244fb5c
You are using this:
6.1.7601Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
or Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1

I'd imagine it is Windows 7 w/SP1, right?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.
Method 1:
Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix issues related to system file corruption:
i. Go to Start, click All Programs and open Accessories.
ii. Right click on Command Prompt in the Program list and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
iii. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
For more information refer to this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

If this method does not help, proceed to the next method.
Method 2:
Step 1: Try to run the fixit: Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled. This utility removes any corrupted registry patches of the previous versions of uninstalled programs as well as fixes problems that new programs from being installed.
Step 2: After running the troubleshooter, try to register the concerned .dll file.

1. Click Start, type cmd in the Start search.
  2. Right click on cmd and click on Run as administrator.
  3. In the Command prompt, type the following commands and hit ENTER after each command.
    takeown /f MSVCR80.dll
    regsvr32 MSVCR80.dll
  4. Close the Command prompt after running the above two commands.
  5. Reboot the system and check if the issue persists.

I have previously did Method 1. Upon doing Method 2 I receive this error message. The first command (takeown /f MSVCR80.dll). It fail`s to find the file.
10745080_10154746319975117_2142514672_n.jpg

Might be worth checking that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable installed. If this does not fix it, you may need the 2008 version.

Shane

I have had this problem in the past. You will probably find that you need to completely reload your operating system (Windows 7). Unfortunately, over time your OS gets clogged up with all sorts of things (viruses, Trojans and just general junk). Regardless of what virus protection you use stuff, always gets through and eventually clogs up the works. The result is that the OS gets completly overloaded and will start to crash randomly. Trainz puts a fair workload on the OS and this could well be the cause of your problem. Try other solutions first, but in the end you might need to back-up all your documents and re-install your operating system.

My crashes resulted from the NVidia driver. Had to roll back to earlier driver version and problem stopped.

So far I was able to run 2 times once 2 hours and 15 mins. Then another time 1 hour and 10 minutes so far. I read somewhere reinstalling the 2005 will fix the MSVCR80.dll file. So far after first time disabling my anti-virus for Trainz temporarily and then the second time reinstalling both 32 bit and 64 bit 2005 versions no crashes. Shane here is all the Microsoft Visual C++ versions I have. Pretty sure that is all of them?

10743459_10154750386520117_1935961442_n.jpg

John I believe you came across the point mentioning assets. I noticed some of JR`s safetran Clight "Vader" signals disappeared and after downloading and installing they came back. I'm suspicious that was the cause. I had them go corrupt a few years ago. Causing straight to desktop crashing. But quite no errors such as this.

Back