Turning off Junction names...

meatloaf747

Spotter...
Is there anyway to "turn off" Junction names in TS2010 (in either Surveyor or Driver) so that the NAMES don't appear above the junctions when driving around the route in Driver?

Thanks.

Cheers, Mac...

Ctrl H turns them off, but when your mouse pointer is nearby, a single junction oftentimes shows it's name.

I rename all my junctions the same name by pressing the surveyor "?" button: and naming them all "an apostrophe", as AI does not navigate by junction names.

If I want to "Find" a distant location, and go there quickly, I rename a building or station.

Last edited:
Simply clicking on the question mark (highlights as "turn off on screen help) at the top left of screen does the trick.
metalfare

You can also change the default setting to off by unchecking the "in game help by default" box in the session rules in Startup options and/or Quickdrive. You then will not need to Ctrl-H or other methods when the session starts. Ctrl-H etc will turn them on if you want them.

Help! Unknown shortcut key.

D'oh!

when my junction names (and arrows) disappeared I was sure it was because of a particular point-motor I had installed, and wondered how I would get them back.

Then I wondered how to make them go away in my other routes... gotta love shortcut keys.

I had to delete a route I was making (no big, was just getting started) because "Cannot add spline because the layer is locked or [something else I don't remember].

Pretty sure I accidentally hit some shortcut key. No idea what it might have been 'cause that's down some sub-menu I've never visited.

Any ideas?

Back