Auran website messed up with compatibility settings in IE 11.

Seems to have fixed the page graphics.

I'm typing this with Compat mode off and it finally seems to be working as it should, no missing letters. IE11 had been suffering that problem from the time the forum went to its current format. Now all we need is a less blinding background!

IE11withMyTrainzfixedcompatmodeoff.jpg~original

It beats my why some people are still using M$ IExplorer as their main browser as M$ has always been going their own way and do not stick to the HTML conventions whereas most other browser developers do. Hence their (M$ IE) display problems, just ask any web builder. What is wrong with using FireFox or Chrome, these browsers are tops and do not suffer from the M$ disease/ailment. I know what I would use.

My opinion

Lennard

It beats my why some people are still using M$ IExplorer as their main browser as M$ has always been going their own way and do not stick to the HTML conventions whereas most other browser developers do.

I beg to disagree. As I pointed out in an earlier post in this forum, none of the current browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE) meet ALL the current W3C standards and all of them have been guilty of "going their own way". As for why some people are using IE as their main browser, there are many reasons. While I prefer FF, I have noticed recently that IE v11 renders some of the web sites that I frequently use far better than FF v33. I was recently working at a place where IE, for a variety of reasons, was the only allowed browser.

I beg to disagree. As I pointed out in an earlier post in this forum, none of the current browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE) meet ALL the current W3C standards and all of them have been guilty of "going their own way". As for why some people are using IE as their main browser, there are many reasons. While I prefer FF, I have noticed recently that IE v11 renders some of the web sites that I frequently use far better than FF v33. I was recently working at a place where IE, for a variety of reasons, was the only allowed browser.

Exactly my reason for sticking with a single browser, and one that seems to work for 99.99% of the websites. While I was at Oracle, I supported FF, Chrome, and even Opera on top of supporting IE. For some websites used internally, we had to use FF, but only specific versions. With FF we had issues with each update that came along. Things would work properly until the next update, which seemed to occur every few months. There would be a flurry of fixes internally, then things would break again with the next update. These fixes, weren't security related, and weren't related to the infamous Java browsers. IE had its own bag of worms related to ActiveX, but that browser was used for general browsing and for the Siebel CRM products which relied heavily on ActiveX components. Chrome and Opera had their own bag of tricks to get working, and in most cases wouldn't work at all so the users ended up defaulting back to FF and IE for their work. So yes, they may all be W3C compliant, but it seems they all have to do something different to make things "better".

So having said this, I'd rather stick with a single browser if possible, and other than the N3V website until now, had no problems.

John

At least you have a good technical reason for using IE. Mine was mostly habit - the familiar menu structure of IE and I prefer its way of handling Favourites to how Chrome does it.

Last edited:
Back