Help.

ctyson67

Hello, I just bought and installed TS12 and a 1wk FCT. When I try to download something from content manager, the download helper shows something trying to download, then red boxes appear over them saying Unknown Content Error. I have tried running as an admin, same thing. Can anyone help me? I am starting to get very angry....
I'm trying to download the CSX 8-40b #5945.
Here is an image of what I am seeing:

2786459.jpg

Edit: my build is the latest, 61388.
I am running Windows 7 Home on an Asus laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello, I just bought and installed TS12 and a 1wk FCT. When I try to download something from content manager, the download helper shows something trying to download, then red boxes appear over them saying Unknown Content Error. I have tried running as an admin, same thing. Can anyone help me? I am starting to get very angry....
I'm trying to download the CSX 8-40b #5945.
Here is an image of what I am seeing:

Edit: my build is the latest, 61388.
I am running Windows 7 Home on an Asus laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The items you are trying to download may not be compatible with TS12..You have one installed that has the 'update' button lit...Not all items on the DLS will work with T12 or may be faulty. The DLS is made up of user created items.

Last edited:
In the Assets (text view) window area, right mouse click on any item that shows the red down arrow (meaning "Update Available") as its status icon (as shown in your screen shot). Select View Asset Versions from the menu list. This will open up an new window that will display the new updated version(s) of that particular asset. Click the button at the bottom of that window that says "View in Main List". The Assets (text view) window will change to show the replacement items for that asset.

Some of these asset items may show the same "Update Available" status icons (which I think indicates that there has been a series of updates released) but there should be one (or more) with the "DS" (Download Station) their status icon. Select these (those with the "DS" status) and either drag them into the Download Helper window or right mouse click and select "Download".

I occasionally (but rarely) get the same red error message - it has a number of possible causes and, as OverlordNZ (sorry, I nearly typed "OverloadNZ") stated, incompatibility could be one of them. But as he pointed out, all the items on the DLS have been created by Trainz users such as you and I. Some of them will be excellent and worth paying good money for (a big thank you to those creators for giving them away for free) and others could be very kindly classified as "a work in progress".

The problem might also be related to N3V updating their servers, something which seems to be affecting some users but not others.

I have just tried downloading the asset and it shows up correctly in the download window ( I might be one of the lucky ones not having a problem). I also added the out of date asset to the download window and it showed the update available icon but the first asset in the dependencies list is the update which is also the first one shown in your picture.

Back