Routes with challenging incline

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Hi,

I've just been playing around on the Darjeeling & Himalayan route for TS12 and it's ace!

I was just wondering if there were any similar routes with similarly challenging inclines for standard gauge? Preferably British or European, rather than American/Oz, but will consider anything!

Cheers!

Cheers Phil, I'll check that out. I'm looking for something that I can run steam engines with a heavy coach load behind.

Most of my routes on the DLS feature significant gradients, Chmura Forest being the most recent. Look for user "Vern" or KUID prefix 30024.

If you have access to Trainsim.com you can also get my Mount Hood Railroad and the narrow gauge version of Sulitjelma which will give your motive power a workout on the hills.

'Lickey Incline' by tlblade on the DLS, you can probably tell what the gradient in it is. Does require S&C or TC3 but can be run without - but will be missing quite a few parts.

Kieran.

Keiran have you tried Wyefield Junction 2a released April 2012 Its on the DLS. Singe track no signals but a good steep grade and excellent scenery. Almost realistic in places. Cheers

Cheers Phil, I'll check that out. I'm looking for something that I can run steam engines with a heavy coach load behind.

You should see some of Phils other videos. He'll run anything on his routes, and I highly suggest anyone else interested in doing so does the same. Trainz is a simulation, not a prototype. If it gets your socks off, run Santa's Sleigh up Marias Pass.

Falcus

Keiran have you tried Wyefield Junction 2a released April 2012 Its on the DLS. Singe track no signals but a good steep grade and excellent scenery. Almost realistic in places. Cheers
Hello Nimec,

I'll have a look at it but I fear it may be for TS12 which I do not run; I run TS2010. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Though I'm not quite sure that the quoted post was meant to be aimed at me.....:eek:

Kieran.

Hi,

I've just been playing around on the Darjeeling & Himalayan route for TS12 and it's ace!

I was just wondering if there were any similar routes with similarly challenging inclines for standard gauge? Preferably British or European, rather than American/Oz, but will consider anything!

Cheers!

I have made a route "Flaamsbana" from Norway that attempts to copy the real Flaamsbana with inclines of maxmim 5.5% - I think the steepest in Europe at least. But it is not ready yet - still working on it..

pdw

Last edited:
You should see some of Phils other videos. He'll run anything on his routes, and I highly suggest anyone else interested in doing so does the same. Trainz is a simulation, not a prototype. If it gets your socks off, run Santa's Sleigh up Marias Pass.

Falcus

Falcus, I often do run anything on anywhere. I've had Class 90s operating the Avery- Drexel Route, all manner of UK stock on US routes, I used Highland Valley Industries for challenging my locomotives every now and again but it doesn't go anywhere... I often stick 4-wheeled tank engines on tours of the Metropolis City Route too.

I don't generally bother with whether my route or era is right but I do find that on more modern US routes, the infrastructure around the track just makes it look completely wrong to run a steam engine and I wanted a route where I felt I could at least justify the engine being there. But again, I'm open to anything.

Back