Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

You guys are crazy. I freaking was at work goofing off reading the forum. Started reading about the 'soon' to be released locomotive. Was laughing out loud, I could not stop! Had to turn my phone off so no one would catch me looking at crazy stuff on the net in the office. Thank you for the comic relief, I have not laughed like that in a long time. Bravo!

More work on the Challenger. Front engine unit is more or less complete save for a few minor details and pipes that will get added once the boiler is in.

challenger.png

And for fun, a look at a fully completed wheel set for the Challenger. The rear drivers will still need a few parts moved around and I'll have to build a trailing truck, but its a good look at what is in store.

challenger.png

Going off the front pilot, and pictures on steamlocomotive.com, if it's not UP, then the most likely 4-6-6-4 is a NP Z-6.

Is this a Styrene kit that we put together, just kidding! :D

That's really amazing modeling and I can barely take in the amount of work needed to create this model. The Northern Pacific and the Spokane, Portland & Seatle are my favorite PNW fallen flags, I'm going out on a limb that this is an NP Z-6 in the making.

Would love more SP&S. I actually have an HO SP&S caboose I picked up somewhere. My favorite caboose!

I was really hoping that the 4-6-6-4 was a Clinchfield E-1 or E-2 as they worked not far from where I have family living. We don't have a lot of original Clinchfield steam locomotives in Trainz, they're mostly reskins of other locomotives.

Last edited:
Idk about you guys but it almost looks identical to a D&RG L-105 challenger judging by the front

I did consider that, but Trainz Forge already made a DRGW Challenger, so I don't think that they'll make another model for a railroad they've made a model for anytime soon.

I did consider that, but Trainz Forge already made a DRGW Challenger, so I don't think that they'll make another model for a railroad they've made a model for anytime soon.

Hate to break it to you but that was just a reskin lol, im just saying from photos to me it looks like an L

Hate to break it to you but that was just a reskin lol, im just saying from photos to me it looks like an L
The L-97 was basically a real life reskin. It was a UP Challenger leased to the Rio Grande by the government. The L-105 class had the air compressors mounted on the smokebox, not down on the pilot like in the render here, so it's not that.

I will say that so far none of you have gotten the railroad.
Re: the D&RGW L-97s, as Will said, the L-97s were UP challengers, built to completion and then diverted to D&RGW. D&RGW didn't like them and sold them shortly after WWII.

Back