Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

My winter steam era revamp of Anywhere Ohio, by EricMP. Hopefully one day it will be released, but its age is starting to show and some parts I did back a few years ago are in dire need of a ground-up rebuild.

I've run all the D&RG/RGW coaches through Substance, and I'm very happy with them. Among other things, I updated the model for D&RGW 552 to reflect the prototype, which had a larger door than the rest of the combines.
53D59E127A0CC86AADD02B8A74E5B60B176A6A78

17DE232CC68DE975F75DD9DE0117C652C723CB73

Textures on the T-5 have been updated and improved. Also added an auxiliary tender and center headlight version with customizable numberboards.

8GsY3iN.jpg

NZNQFBY.jpg

mzTfUaL.jpg

Daylighttrain, in a attempt to update download the t-5 4-6-0, I was trying to download before I have to go to work and my limit was reached, if it is not any trouble, can it be reset, these later versions are fantastic.

I might be in the wrong place for this question/complaint here. I'm having a problem with the MNRR T-5's not letting me edit the properties.

Here's what I mean:
eP0Y0G7.jpg
[/IMG]
This is happening in TRS2019 in build 116009 and the one that came before that one. And i turned off the Script exception notifications in my settings.

Can someone help please??

Thanks

Ok so I’ve had this problem for a while but to solve it you head to Dev settings and change Maximize Performance to Maximize Compatibility.

Hey guys, what ever happened to the Rock Island TA's mentioned back on Page 16? If no one wants to say anything that's fine but I kind of have a hunger for Rock Island passenger diesels, so any information is good information! Thank you!
asxN3T8.jpg

Last edited:
They look really nice Daylightrain.

Please pardon my ignorance but, what would be uses / circumstances for the different size cabooses?

Cheers,
Piere.

They look really nice Daylightrain.

Please pardon my ignorance but, what would be uses / circumstances for the different size cabooses?

Cheers,
Piere.
Piere,
The two cabooses you see there are respectively a 'bobber' and a 'combination' caboose. The crew space in these cars is almost exactly the same, so they differ in that the combination caboose has some space for less-than-carload (LCL) freight. If there was a small amount of extra merchandise waiting at a small depot, the conductor would put it in there to move it along, without having to dedicate a car for LCL service. A passenger car could also be placed in front and the caboose act as a baggage space, or a longer caboose might be fitted with bench seats as well to become a 'drover's' caboose. Larger cabooses, without a side door, simply had more crew seating, or additional beds to allow the entire crew to sleep on mainline freights.

I've updated the North Coast Limited cars to PBR, matching previous heavyweight car upgrades. The NP coaches, all sleepers, and observation cars have an updated drumhead script that will accommodate any number of drumheads in any order. For cars from the NCL pack, I've included extras where possible but kept the NP drumheads in the top slots.
unknown.png

unknown.png

The Four Aces still needs to be converted, and I want to add some more drumhead options. There's something like 48 drumheads already in the library, but likely to be many more eventually.

Piere,
The two cabooses you see there are respectively a 'bobber' and a 'combination' caboose. The crew space in these cars is almost exactly the same, so they differ in that the combination caboose has some space for less-than-carload (LCL) freight. If there was a small amount of extra merchandise waiting at a small depot, the conductor would put it in there to move it along, without having to dedicate a car for LCL service. A passenger car could also be placed in front and the caboose act as a baggage space, or a longer caboose might be fitted with bench seats as well to become a 'drover's' caboose. Larger cabooses, without a side door, simply had more crew seating, or additional beds to allow the entire crew to sleep on mainline freights.

Thank you very much for the informative response @Trainboi1, much appreciated.

And thank you again for your (and the whole team at Trainz Forge's) amazing content.

Cheers,
Piere.

Working on a new pack. I have gotten basically bugall done with the engine so far but the consist is nearly serviceable.
deymp6s-441379df-484c-4860-9dcc-3ec6b1f1304f.jpg

20220122185651_1_by_trainboi_deympat-pre.jpg

unknown.png

The nice part of heavyweight trains is that the sleepers are so standard - the combines here are new, and the observation cars haven't been released before but were created for another pack that's not yet out. From what I have seen in prototype consists, I should only need an RPO and a 13-double-bedroom sleeper to make a reasonable pack. I've also heard that 7DR sleepers were used at times, and those are required for the Midnight Limited so I may include them as well.

Last edited:
Back