Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

What track are you using?

Michael

It's a custom reskin, I don't know the original asset.

Hey Jackson, that looks like horseshoe curve. Is that your own creation, or someone else's??? Nice!!!

Originally it is from STMSoccer. He's now gone, and we've thrown about the idea of working more with it to finish what he started. Jackson's made the most progress so no we're running on his progress.

My goal is to both extend it some in each direction and upgrade the scenery with more up to date assets and some custom items.

Not making any promises but going up to Cresson isn't out of the picture in the long term future.

As for the track, it's one of a set of custom reskins of JR's track to match TSM ballast. As of mow I haven't asked for release permissions because I have no intentions of even thinking about releasing it until I have a finished route.

Last edited:
Fantastic shots ( Jackson ) Seems to be some rekindled interest for the route . Yours and others have been showing some vary nice pics, and it's great to see of the old Pennsy Horseshoe curve .:)

Matt

It's a custom reskin, I don't know the original asset.

Originally it is from STMSoccer. He's now gone, and we've thrown about the idea of working more with it to finish what he started. Jackson's made the most progress so no we're running on his progress.

Hey there Dan, I don't know about gone, but I'm glad someone is able to pick up where I unfortunately left off, I miss working on that route a good bit.

Josh

Can't give away all of the goodies and secrets, but I loved this shot so why not:

75f32d816d9e7122f8fd30c662b250a0.jpg

Reskins and other custom goodies sure to follow shortly, I present to you, the Barnesboro, Spangler, and Atlantic railroad.

Last edited:
So I was digging around my Hard Drive and came across a couple of cdps which when I "opened" them in content manager installed none other the Horseshoe Curve DEMO route. I had/am having fun struggling up that grade, and found that the old web page for it is isolated on your site (exsists, but there are no links to it) and the download button is disabled.

This made me quite sad and leads me to ask, is development dead for this route? One thing that lured me to the "other" sim is that it has a Horseshoe Curve route from Altoona to Johnstown - I had hoped that 3-4 years later yours might have been nearing completion, it was such a promising start...

So I was digging around my Hard Drive and came across a couple of cdps which when I "opened" them in content manager installed none other the Horseshoe Curve DEMO route. I had/am having fun struggling up that grade, and found that the old web page for it is isolated on your site (exsists, but there are no links to it) and the download button is disabled.

This made me quite sad and leads me to ask, is development dead for this route? One thing that lured me to the "other" sim is that it has a Horseshoe Curve route from Altoona to Johnstown - I had hoped that 3-4 years later yours might have been nearing completion, it was such a promising start...

Hey frogpipe, I am glad you're having fun on my short demo. It was fun to make and yes I do still work on it, but as far as being done, it isn't even close. My understanding is that Jackson has picked up a good start on it. If there really is still this much interest maybe I will pick it up again, who knows.

Josh

Hey frogpipe, I am glad you're having fun on my short demo. It was fun to make and yes I do still work on it, but as far as being done, it isn't even close. My understanding is that Jackson has picked up a good start on it. If there really is still this much interest maybe I will pick it up again, who knows.

Josh

And who is "Jackson"? Pardon my ignorance... :D

Perhaps I'll just slap some more on each end to get to Altoona and Gallitzin - strickly for myself of course. I also really liked that you picked an era where the coal and passenger stations were still standing!

Jackson would be me, your resident friendly neighborhood reskinner and route builder, or in this case, rebuilder!

I have already extended the route towards both Altoona and Galitzin, I'm just waiting on a bunch of custom buildings that were caught in the backlog.

Hopefully if the updated route gets Josh's blessing we can put it up with the next release!

...Of course that would mean some sessions would be in order, which also would in turn mean more PRR content for you guys to enjoy!

Funny thing about the coaling/passenger station, while the dates for the coaling portion are fuzzy, the passenger depot was still up through 1941. Right before WWII, a new brick building was built at the base of the curve along with steps up to the top in order to take advantage of the new state road that had been built there in the late 30's. This replaced the depot and a walking path from the depot to the Curve park that had been in place since the late 1800's. By that time most trains didn't stop at the depot anyway, and the PRR decided that they could enhance the view from the park a bit more by removing the structure. The platform for the station, however, remained in place until much later, by that time overgrown with weeds and whatnot. It was one of the last structures of it's type standing, with the last one being Homer tower in Altoona. Even funnier is that there used to be a tower, AI cabin, that was very similar to Homer tower in charge of the Curve when it was three tracked. When the PRR added the fourth track, the tower was torn down.

AI cabin:
http://www.billspennsyphotos.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=116823061

Homer Tower:
http://www.altoonaworks.info/pics/towers/tower-homer_1.jpg

Last edited:
We must read the same books :hehe: ( Jackson ) I've always wanted to make a version of the Horseshoe curve as two tracked 1880 . But talk about content being needed :D . I'm still getting my feet wet in creating content. ( really need a second monitor ) time, more time .

Anyways...... I for one will be vary interested in seeing more of your work .

There could never be too munch PRR .:hehe:

Matt

So as of now I have decided to slowly release to you guys parts of the project as I go, Altoona is the next chunk that needs done so give me some time for that, I chose an era where the yard was at it's most vast and I am trying to do as much of an exact copy as I can. As for the look of the route, I am still unsure of what to do. I haven't found any good fall trees to place on the map that'll work past 2010 unless TANE accepts the ones I have on it already. I also have a version of the route for summer, but that seems to overdone as seasons go. I was considering a winter version maybe. So what do you guys think, Fall? Summer? Winter?

Josh

Back