Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

Thanks guys! I'm actually surprised with how quickly I'm moving through scenery on this route. Here's a shot of the other side of the river... Not the Ohio, but the Licking River, this is Newport, Kentucky.

For reference, the line coming towards the camera is the Belt Line, the horizontally intersecting line in the rear is the CA&L's Newport branch, and the horizontally intersecting line in the foreground is the L&A's Covington line. The rest are yard leads and industrial spurs, and in the background is the Belt Line's Newport A yard. To boot, behind the camera are the C&O's high line through Newport and the L&N's line through town. Lots of trackwork in this area, that's for sure!

K5lwDS6.jpg

Last edited:
They are part of a set of reskins he did on some of JR's tracks.

-Ben

Edit: A render of my newest project.

render_by_7822foxcotemanor-dc8q4wf.png

-Ben (again)

Last edited:
Alright what does that have to do with anything we've shown or said recently... We already told you several times that we're working on them, that we don't have a release planned in the near future, but when we do they will likely be in it. It is not likely (again, for the fifth time now?) that the lightweights will be included. Asking over and over and over and over again isn't going to make them come out any faster, in fact it makes me personally want to not have anything to do with anything NKP at all, much less release anything. The PAs are Dan's department, but as far as reskins of existing content are concerned, I'm more than happy to just not release anything related to that road that I decide to create, since every time we post a screenshot of something related to that road (or even not related in any way, again!), you ask about those PAs.

I'm sorry, but I personally went through a very similar thing with MILW stuff as well. I posted a few shots of a few MILW reskins, and suddenly everybody and their mothers wanted me to do everything under the sun related to MILW.

You got your answer before and decided to continue to ask, even when we stopped responding to your questions with the exact same answer. It's like Dan said, we're starting to sound like a broken record. Keep it up, and yeah, those units might just not see the light of day, who knows?

Alright, I'm gonna jump in here. I usually try to stay quiet on the forums, but as a content creator myself (albeit novice, i still have a long way to go), I know this kind of thing bugs a lot of creators out there. How about we all let them do things on their schedule. Life consists of a whole lot more than just Trainz, and they'll release something when they feel its done. Repeatedly asking is not going to get them to do anything faster. Lets be grateful that the guys at TF have projects and things that they are working on that have some sort of release date, even if it requires some patience in waiting for it. After all, I'd rather see something that's fully finished.

@Jackson, I meant no irritation to you nor anyone at TF in posting this, it just irritates me to see people bugging over and over again for something, especially to this extent.

Thanks dude, no offense taken, you said pretty much exactly what needed to be said.

MOVING ON.........

A New England & Western 2-10-2 leads a long general merchandise freight over the Belt Line's Streator Avenue Viaduct towards their main classification yard in Kentucky.

pfnObpK.jpg
uSdai44.jpg

Jackson, the Kentucky side is looking great. May I ask what you're using for your street running track? Also are any of the fictional lines publicly available?

Dave

Actually, funny thing, that is the Cincinnati side, close to where the Western Hills Viaduct is located. Incidentally I have to actually figure out if I'm going to have to reroute the Belt Line tracks to cooperate with the viaduct when I put it in.

The street running track is RTrax Streetrun.

As far as the fictional lines, I know there is definitely a good amount of content out there for the CA&L, C&HR, and LE&E. The Coal River at least has a boxcar and a covered hopper, and the OR&NW has a pack of 1920s era boxcars. The Belt Line, T&E, and NE&W currently do not have anything released. I can't speak for the L&A aside from a boxcar skin I've released, however there may or may not be some stuff that I'm gonna have to verify with Dave.

Last edited:
Upon closer inspection of the OR&NW boxcars, they were apparently manufactured in the early 1920's. Can the OR&NW boxcars fit up through the 1950's?

Thanks for the catch on that typo, I meant 1920's.

In short, no they wouldn't. Not only did ICC regulations ban the use of advertisements on rolling stock after 1937, but also starting in the 1930's, the OR&W came under new management and changed their paint specifications on freight rolling stock, passenger cars, and locomotives. I've got a good amount of OR&NW equipment skinned up but none of it has been released yet. In all likelihood, it's going to go up on the site with the next release.

Speaking of the Western Hills Viaduct that a look at this

kuid2 210518 10380 1 Cincinatti_Western_ Thanks to Ben Dorsey.

Dave

Rocket if you got it!

asxN3T8.jpg
M5wZN7t.jpg
cHQw38k.jpg

Also Dave, thanks for that asset, that helps a ton! Unfortunately it looks like I'm doomed to kitbash most of the viaduct, streetcar lines and all.

Back