Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

Thanks!

The whole shebang is spiritually based on Center Street junction in Youngstown, Ohio. It's actually where the whole rebuild of EricMP's Anywhere Ohio started, and since I've started to rebuild Sterling Falls to get the route that much closer to a release, I wound up reworking the whole junction a bunch to get it looking and functioning a lot better. In essence it's a crossover of the NYC (two mains and a running track), PRR (two mains and a running track), the LE&E (two mains and a running track), the steel mill inter/intra plant railroad, and all of the various connectors leading between them. The NYC and PRR have smaller town/feeder yards on either side of the junction to serve the mill and local industries, the steel mill road has its own separate yard, and then on the other side of town is the LE&E's absolutely giant 8th Avenue yard complex. With how busy everything technically should be, I rethought out the whole arrangement, and.... it got complex.

Here's a shot of Center Street in its heyday, so you can see where I got the inspiration:
Screen_Shot_2022-01-20_at_3.02.43_PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks!

The whole shebang is spiritually based on Center Street junction in Youngstown, Ohio. It's actually where the whole rebuild of EricMP's Anywhere Ohio started, and since I've started to rebuild Sterling Falls to get the route that much closer to a release, I wound up reworking the whole junction a bunch to get it looking and functioning a lot better. In essence it's a crossover of the NYC (two mains and a running track), PRR (two mains and a running track), the LE&E (two mains and a running track), the steel mill inter/intra plant railroad, and all of the various connectors leading between them. The NYC and PRR have smaller town/feeder yards on either side of the junction to serve the mill and local industries, the steel mill road has its own separate yard, and then on the other side of town is the LE&E's absolutely giant 8th Avenue yard complex. With how busy everything technically should be, I rethought out the whole arrangement, and.... it got complex.

Here's a shot of Center Street in its heyday, so you can see where I got the inspiration:
I would love to see that in a working module with AI trains going to and from points, so fun to watch.

With the Timken/NCL pack update on the horizon, I want to ask how I will get the update since I already purchased the pack. Will I have to buy it again? Will the update be sent to people who provide authentic proof of purchase? I didn't have an account to the TF website when I bought the pack in question, so I hope emailing my receipt back to the team works as well.

With the Timken/NCL pack update on the horizon, I want to ask how I will get the update since I already purchased the pack. Will I have to buy it again? Will the update be sent to people who provide authentic proof of purchase? I didn't have an account to the TF website when I bought the pack in question, so I hope emailing my receipt back to the team works as well.
As with the previous pack updates, any proof of purchase is considered valid reason to get the update. Users who ordered the pack after 22 March 2020 (when the site update went live) can get it from the original site link; those who ordered before will likely need to get a new link unless they've previously gotten a new one for other reasons.

I've run the later iterations of Four Aces through Substance, and applied heavier weathering on the 1940s model. I still need to update the oil burning version of the cab, but after that point, it should be done. Additionally, I've updated the passenger car scripts so that the user can select a default drumhead to display in the config using drumhead-base and the number used for that drumhead. So the 3-2 solarium observation cars will natively display the NCL drumhead, the pool 1-1 observation cars will natively display the 20th Century drumhead, and the LE&E-assigned 1-1s will natively display the Midnight Limited drumhead. Swapping them out works as normal.
3A6BE09C38A0784267EA084D938AE747B21665DC

Those look very nice!

I've had the Willamette locomotives for a little while now. There is only one thing I see wrong with them.

cM3DzsM.jpg

When the bell is moving, the bell chord sorta sticks out from the cab. It's kinda hard to see in the picture.

Has anyone noticed this at all?
OUYh4GP

Are the Washoe Valley "War Baby" 4-8-4s getting the updated like the 4 Aces package? I use them all the time. I can't wait to get the updated 4 Aces.

Thank you for all your work, the updates look great.

Scott

Are the Washoe Valley "War Baby" 4-8-4s getting the updated like the 4 Aces package? I use them all the time. I can't wait to get the updated 4 Aces.

Thank you for all your work, the updates look great.

Scott
The WVRR 4-8-4s were launched with PBR textures, emissive meshes, and other features that are just now being added to the Four Aces. I probably will redo their textures at some point but that's the only accompanying update they could really benefit from.

Fictional gas turbine no. 6300 for the Minnesota and Northern. Built using ANLs mesh, updated to TRS19 standards with new PBR textures, emissive lights, and updated sounds. Not sure if these will be released or if I'll do the UP versions (Although it wouldn't be that hard) due to the models age, some inaccuracies and difficulty working with the mapping.

DicSP0v.jpg

A little test of my graphic design skills, a what-if GE advertisement featuring the turbine:

s76EOS6.png

Built using ANLs mesh, updated to TRS19 standards with new PBR textures, emissive lights, and updated sounds. Not sure if these will be released or if I'll do the UP versions (Although it wouldn't be that hard) due to the models age, some inaccuracies and difficulty working with the mapping.

Yes, please release it, and yes please update ANLs' Turbines to TRS19 Specs.

Working on upgrading Skookum to PBR. Barring some adjustments to the cab normal map, the exteriors are done; I still need to upgrade the cabviews.
unknown.png

Back