Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

I figure that you guys are just about sick of seeing this route over and over again, but I figure it would be good to put some ATSF units through their paces on it. After all, it was designed as an ATSF route!

1e42d3e287b58a09a884f9e7c295c80e.jpg
a7cd22fe465fa46ba4b41842d4472f06.jpg

Is that a PA with dynamic brakes?

It's actually ATSF 51L, which along with 51A and 51B were retrofitted with EMD 12-cylinder 567C engines. As such it has extra space for the mounting and F3-style fans and smokestacks. No dynamic brakes that I know of.
1BFFEBAFCAFF943DAD35050E47EA2695966EB398

Last edited:
I figure that you guys are just about sick of seeing this route over and over again, but I figure it would be good to put some ATSF units through their paces on it. After all, it was designed as an ATSF route!
*Sniptoony*
Ben, I raise you more ATSF equipment:
*Snippy*

What the h*** are you talking about? That looks like your next route release!

It's actually ATSF 51L, which along with 51A and 51B were retrofitted with EMD 12-cylinder 567C engines. As such it has extra space for the mounting and F3-style fans and smokestacks. No dynamic brakes that I know of.
*Snip Snip Snip*

I somehow am drawn to the NKP PA's now

I think you guys are cornering the Alcos now XD. How many paint schemes are you guys doing on the PA1s? Although I'm mostly looking forward to whenever you guys get round to the D&H Centuries and other Alcos they had. Been putting those RS-36s to work on JR's Coal Country route or the C&O Hinton Sub, perfect setting for them.

Last edited:
I think you guys are cornering the Alcos now XD. How many paint schemes are you guys doing on the PA1s? Although I'm mostly looking forward to whenever you guys get round to the D&H Centuries and other Alcos they had. Been putting those RS-36s to work on JR's Coal Country route or the C&O Hinton Sub, perfect setting for them.
I downloaded almost everything, and now I need another hard drive XD

I like all FA/PA's. LOL. @Trainboi1, in your screenshot you show two NKP PA's but no PB . Am I correct in assuming NKP only had the PA's and not the PB's?

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

The LE&E's Metropolitan Special was the LE&E's main through train on their southern Boston - Chicago routing, turning south at Pittsburgh and running via Columbus and Cincinnati, and ferrying two separate sections, splitting off at intermediate points to Wheeling and New York. After WWII, the train experienced a slow decline, losing its Wheeling section by late 1948, and its New York section in 1957. From 1946 onward, the train carried a through car to LA on SP/Rock Island's Golden State, and on UP's Los Angeles Limited on alternating days. The through car on the Golden State was gone by 1950, however the through car on the LA Limited managed to last until 1954. The core train managed to survive until 1960, when most of its mail and express business and remaining passenger services were shifted to other trains.

Here, we see a trio of LE&E Alco PAs leading the train through Columbia interlocking, and onward into Cincinnati in spring, 1947.

3fb56960cd86982a6fa0a8e0c934caa9.jpg
bbed1bf1bb9448a972a750ed9dc65f12.jpg
d31be210c4065d2a072235a2c166f0fb.jpg
1dbb077381fb637a422a9f8d8871453f.jpg

Also, as a side-note, the NKP did not have any PBs.

Ok i'm gonna be the one to ask this.

Are those PA's that we keep seeing new builds or are they updates of ANL's PA's?

Back