Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Trainboi1,
    I'll second the comments by NevadaNorthernFan901. The route looks amazing. I really enjoyed your narrative for the switching run, and the screenshots are so nice. I'll look forward to more views of this really sharp route.

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by daylightrain View Post
    How in the HECK were you able to move those top number boards up to the front like that!?!? I’ve been trying to do that myself with those K&L Mikados. But I can’t get it exactly like that. Looks great!
    Last edited by wpn96; April 23rd, 2020 at 12:39 AM.

For the number boards, I didn't move them up. I alpha'd out the old ones, and subbed in my own mesh. I also alpha'd out the headlight, funnel, and set up my own ARN for it as well. The pilot and trailing truck + booster was taken from the Frisco Mikado. I added other appliances to the locomotive, like a worthington feedwater heater and associated pump and plumbing, plus builders plates on the smokebox since those were absent on the original model. Also made some texture changes and removed most of the specular shine from the engine.

Another look compared to the basis, the UP Mk-Special:

"Up The Hill Slow, Down The Hill Fast. Freight Comes First, Safety Comes Last"

Quote Originally Posted by daylightrain View Post
    For the number boards, I didn't move them up. I alpha'd out the old ones, and subbed in my own mesh. I also alpha'd out the headlight, funnel, and set up my own ARN for it as well. The pilot and trailing truck + booster was taken from the Frisco Mikado. I added other appliances to the locomotive, like a worthington feedwater heater and associated pump and plumbing, plus builders plates on the smokebox since those were absent on the original model. Also made some texture changes and removed most of the specular shine from the engine.
    Got it! Making a mesh is something I never do. But thank you.

How about Jacksonbarno’s LE&E 4-8-4? Will it be released to the public? Not asking when, but will. Or is that supposed to be a surprise?

I'm not really sure when that will be released, probably will hold off until Jackson's Anywhere Ohio Winter revamp is complete, so the locomotive has a proper home. I still have handful of things left to finish on it however it is not a priority right now as the model is currently in an acceptable state.

Coming soon: SP F7 revamp, with improved textures, details and many, many variants. Right now working on getting the Black Widow units set up then I'll move onto Bloody Nose, and then the various other paint schemes like Halloween and possibly a Daylight variant.

"Up The Hill Slow, Down The Hill Fast. Freight Comes First, Safety Comes Last"

I've been experimenting with Substance Painter using my WVRR 4-8-4s:

United States of America, Washington, Seattle

Looking really nice!!

United States of America, Wisconsin (WI), Denmark

Wow. That's really nice. Can't wait for their release and the route.

Been having fun with the Eagle River equipment
    Will Champion

trainboi1 --

Those Substance Painter locomotives. They look outstandingly good. The rusty and grimy effects add tremendous realism.

Will you be revisiting some of your other locomotives? That really charming little Yosemite #26 for instance. The one that features in this thread:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...61#post1819061

#26 is a real gem.

Phil

Phil,
    albeit belated, yes, I am slowly going to be updating some other things. 26 will probably get a makeover whenever I get around to doing her Baldwin sisters.
    On a tangentially related note, I have been working on another project as well:

This is SP class MK-7; the goal is to do classes MK-7, 8, and 9, which were virtually all identical, except that some MK-7s got fitted with Worthington 4BL feedwater heaters later in life. One of this fleet, MK-8 no. 3313, piloted a freight train with YVRR No. 29 when she was on her way to Mexico in 1947.
    Additionally, of course, the 4-8-4s are now properly done, with revised textures to match the 2-8-2s (as some of the MK-8s and MK-9s got the same 120-C-3 tenders that are behind the 4-8-4s), proper low-level LoD and a custom cab:

Hello from France,

Nice weathering !!! Realistic lok ...

Well done , friendly, Marc

United States of America, Wisconsin (WI), Denmark

They look really nice, trainboi1. Both the 4-8-4 Northerns and the SP Mikados. Excited for their release soon.

Thanks all for the compliments. I am also very happy with how the weathering was coming out, but was struggling for a while to get a good, clean engine out of it...
    Until now, that is...

Believe it or not, Substance Painter comes pre-equipped with a material setting for planished steel, which is easy to retrofit for planished iron or Russian iron.
    Last edited by trainboi1; July 1st, 2020 at 02:51 AM.