Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

Blog Entries

Trainbo1

will ne made Nickel Plate Road?

NKP

I'm really looking forward to the new heavyweights.

Dave

Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to the NYC Heavyweights specially along with the connected engine. Will be a must-have for me when the pack gets published.

United States of America, Arizona, Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the NYC Heavyweights specially along with the connected engine. Will be a must-have for me when the pack gets published.
    I didn't see anything where Dan said these would have an accompanying locomotive.

Dan, the Pullmans look great. Any chance we'll get MKT Texas Special (or really any MKT passenger consist) lightweight passenger cars for use behind the MKT PA's?

Quote Originally Posted by Memelord765 View Post
    In regards of F Units, will FL9s be done at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelplateroad View Post
    Trainbo1

will ne made Nickel Plate Road?

NKP
    He did say elsewhere that he's not answering questions about F units.

That pullman pack is beautiful btw.
    Last edited by dundun92; January 24th, 2022 at 08:33 PM.

Cars for the 20th Century Limited are done. 43 cars in total. New cars include NYC RPOs with 4- and 6-wheel trucks, 13-DBRs, 7-DRs, and an earlier model of 6-6 with a mirrored layout. Reworked cars include 14-sections and 10-2s with PMB and without air conditioning.

The 20th Century Limited being complete, my next goal is to finish the cars for the LE&E pack. The compartment sleepers are used on both trains, so remaining to be done are RPOs, dining and lounge cars. Both packs may also receive additional head end stock as appropriate to help complete a variety of other top trains.

I can't wait for the 1920s century. Will the observation cars come with different drumheads aswell?
    The Northerner

At present there are 81 drumheads in the updated version of my mesh library. It's the same script setup as you can see on my cars on the DLS - that is, all non-head-end cars can be fitted with drumheads appropriately. I tried to keep the options down to limit having to click through, so I think the most any one car has is around 60, from testing the newest additions on the 14-sections. The observation cars are limited to NYC and LE&E service, so have around 20 drumheads.
    LE&E's RPOs are done, based an a PRR prototype.

Last edited by trainboi1; January 25th, 2022 at 06:05 PM.

United States of America, Arizona, Chandler

Now I'm curious to know if the NYC heavyweights will come with a new locomotive (assuming they'll be packed together as a payware release). If so, I hope it'll be a J1 Hudson.

Excellent Heavyweight's Trainboi! The NYC is definitely one of my most interested USA Railroads so I definitely could see several places I could work with these.

Thanks for another great release!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Southern Railway Project

Are the Midnight Limited cars for the train from the movie from the 40s?

No, it is a LE&E mainline operation from Boston to Chicago. The LE&E's history is replete with trying to find custom names only to find real things that used the same name. There are actually three Midnight Limiteds: the fictional train from the 1940 film, the fictional train from the LE&E, and a real Chicago-St. Louis train on the Wabash.

In the upgrade process, I've gotten Four Aces upgraded to PBR and in game. I've also finally found the glitch causing the horns to play on startup, so that will be fixed on all locos equipped with secondary horns or whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by trainboi1 View Post
    In the upgrade process, I've gotten Four Aces upgraded to PBR and in game.
    Wow, and I thought the original version looked good?

Cheers,
    Piere.

The funny thing is that there were tons of duplicate names in real life (for instance, no less than four railroads used the name Chicagoan) so it's at least not unprototypical... but yeah it's frustrating.

On the bright side, now in the TF fictional universe, the movie Midnight Limited​ was made about the LE&E's train!