Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

Wpn,
Those came out a little over a week ago. I put them out without a formal announcement mostly because we didn't have time to organize one of our standard releases. There is more that we'd like to release soon, but I am entering my last semester of college and am fully cognizant that it may be May before I can organize a full release. I wanted to make sure that what was complete could be out before then, informal or otherwise.

Wpn,
Those came out a little over a week ago. I put them out without a formal announcement mostly because we didn't have time to organize one of our standard releases. There is more that we'd like to release soon, but I am entering my last semester of college and am fully cognizant that it may be May before I can organize a full release. I wanted to make sure that what was complete could be out before then, informal or otherwise.
Ok then. that's cool. Thanks!

Still haven't found a route where the WVRR stock doesn't look good.
aIKuvOW.jpg

Taking a break from working on the HCS 2-8-8-2 right now as I keep encountering issues with the valve gear animation upon export. In the meantime, I started this project two days ago and its nearly complete and ready for in game export. Based off a single photograph of a 60ft wooden reefer that was found by one of the other TF members. Despite having no information on the cars specifications or diagrams, what I ended up with turned out pretty decent. Its not 100% accurate to the prototype and there was some creative liberties taken with some parts of the design. As I lack any information pertaining to the car or its owners, I have lettered it for the fictional Midwestern Meat Packers, a subsidiary that exists within the Trainz Forge fictional universe. Just need to build trucks and get it in game now.

The original car:

czCblUJ.png

9okRBxV.jpg

Nice looking car! Interesting the original uses "Abbatoir" (Slaughterhouse), rather than something nice-sounding like meat packers. I suppose they at least figured "abbatoir" sounded better than slaughterhouse, but people weren't quite as squeamish back in the day as we seem to be now. :) What do you think the box on the bottom was for? I first thought drainage of melted ice, but they would probably just let that hit the tracks, eh? And it has like a sliding door arrangment on the side, so maybe some kind of equipment... Great work!

A render of the car in Substance Painter, now with archbar trucks. Probably going to work on getting the car fully functional in game tonight, I already did a test export but I needed to make some material adjustments.

xQ2izX5.png

great work! I'd love to see more oddball old-timey freight cars attempted

did that car ever have air brakes and janney couplers?

The car is air brake equipped, as indicated by the air hoses on the end and brake cylinder visible just under the “MN”. This car is equipped with knuckle couplers, though the couplers that will be used on it have holes through the knuckles so you’d be able to connect link and pin cars to it IRL.

I've been working on upgrading my heavyweights. The WVRR cars were already PBR, but have new window textures and improved headcode scripts. The 1-1 observation cars and baggage-club cars are all new. All cars feature appropriate lit drumheads, and the observation cars have toggleable curtains.
As part of this, I've expanded my drumhead library. In addition to the NP and WVRR drumheads, it also now includes drumheads for CA&L, NYC, LE&E, and the 1948-1949 Cal-Nevada Comstock Express excursions.
These will be updated as appropriate whenever their corresponding packs become available. Right now, in addition to the new baggage-club and 1-1 obs, cars include the 10-1-1, 10-1-2, 10-2, 12-1, 16-section 28-1 Parlor, 6-3 sleeper, 6-6 sleeper, and 8-1-2 sleeper. The WVRR cars will be updated on the freeware page and the DLS when all of the wooden cars have been updated to match. Next in line will be the Timken 1111/NCL pack, followed by an all-new LE&E Midnight Limited pack.
unknown.png

2021-03-09_141758.jpg

2021-03-09_141819.jpg

2021-03-09_141903.jpg

The pullmans look amazing. My all time favorite coaches are the old timey steel and wood coaches.

Back