Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

Answering two questions here. The NKP did not have any PBs, at all. The PAs and PBs you all are seeing are ANLs that he updated, and then Dan updated some more with permission, expect them to be released eventually lol.

-Ben

I think you guys are cornering the Alcos now XD. How many paint schemes are you guys doing on the PA1s? Although I'm mostly looking forward to whenever you guys get round to the D&H Centuries and other Alcos they had. Been putting those RS-36s to work on JR's Coal Country route or the C&O Hinton Sub, perfect setting for them.
My apologies, but I think there may be 2 or 3 apiece that we aren't doing. :hehe: Obviously the PA-4s are covered - I think I've got something like 15 variants on the PA1 yet, then move to PA-2s which are of similar scope to the PA-1s, then a set of 20 PA/B/A-3s for the CA&L (rebuilt from the PA-1s of the CA&L and LE&E, as well as a separate order to cover traffic while the PA-1s were being rebuilt). Then I move on to the Coal turbine, the FAs, the RS-2s (again, 2 or 3 variants short of a full fleet), RS-3s (same deal), a few new RSD-7s, RS-11s, and RSD-12s. No idea how long it'll take, but if I'm lucky I will have time to do some Rockets for the store.

Its about time we got more CA&L stuff. Hey Ben, do you have any cabeese or a few pullman coaches for your CA&L pacific to haul?
No cabooses as yet. There are some E units, PA-1s, and the two boxcars from the last release. It's up to Ben on how they'll be used, but there are also two Betterment sleepers skinned and a planned coach on a CB&Q design. As consists flesh themselves out, we should be able to start building up proper passenger consists. Freight is always more disorganized, but it should get done along the way.

Last edited:
Awesome. Trainboi, is there any chance you might be able to work in a request that i have for the PA-1s? I can send a PM with the details.

Any custom PAs will be easy, Dan is going to make and release a skin kit for y'all. lol

As for the CA&L.........as Dan said PA-3s. The only road to buy them, bought for a traffic surge as the PA-1s were being rebuilt (into PA-3s no less).
Equipped with Nathan P6 horns (Nathan P5 with a 0 bell added) and the PA-3s 2,400HP engine.

-Ben

Now thìs is a cool looking loco with that new(?) roof.
Never seen that before...

atsfpanew.jpg

Where are you hiding this one?

☼ :Y: ☼

That is an experimental rebuild of the PA with an EMD 567-C engine. Not repeated except for on the ABA set that engine was a part of.

It isn't released yet though.

-Ben

The route is actually fairly large, I use it to mess around and try new techniques for western route building. I might eventually see about making it releasable, but that's a long way off. Most of the track is laid and graded, and scenery is progressing decently, and with all of the ATSF stuff we're cranking out it's getting used a lot more. With that all in mind, you might see it pop up sometime late next year, who knows (no commitments on that timeframe).

d9b621c9bcffdf591329536037674537.jpg

Any custom PAs will be easy, Dan is going to make and release a skin kit for y'all. lol -Ben

Thanks! That'll make it a bit easier to figure these out lol. I just have two questions about that. If we wish to make a custom reskin available, I'm guessing they would need to be hosted on Trainz Forge? Secondly, will any of the PAs being made have a 5-chime horn? Would love to have the chance to make a variant for my M&A route thats still undergoing a rebuild right now.

ea2f931e0983d59e7d0774290747fd57.jpg

It's the winter of 1947, and boy is traffic heavy! The second section of train 107, the Gotham Clipper, from New York City, briefly pauses at the Sterling Lower Falls depot. Moving to the right side of the picture, we see a fast freight, hotshot NE-12 headed for Worcester, passing a local freight pulling into the LE&E's yard.

Last edited:
Back