Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

I just noticed that the rear headlight on your PC and NYC ALCo RS-32 is reversed. It shines inside the body and illuminates the fan. Kind of interesting looking. Is this fixable?

lol oops, that's pretty entertaining. I'm sure we'll get it fixed asap! (Which might be a while BC we're all super busy, lol)

-Ben

Improvements for sure.
Mr3bsgy.jpg

Soon...

Since we have a large selection of Alco passenger equipment coming out for both UP and SP, I figured it would be wise to see what I could whip up from my skins on Diecastgalore and Magicland's passenger cars.

A few days and some google searches later, we've got 1947-accurate consists for Cities trains. Interesting to note, by 1947, the UP, SP, and C&NW only barely had enough equipment to cobble together enough consists for daily service on the three major routes (Chicago - San Francisco, Portland, and Los Angeles). All three roads were forced to pull from their own stock of non-joint passenger equipment, and several trains (most notably the Challenger) were canceled to provide enough equipment. This meant, however, that for a few years between 1947 and 1950, passenger train consists were relatively fixed as there was no supplementary or overflow equipment available to change the consists.

Motive power was another issue. As all three roads were only just taking delivery of new diesel motive power, and all three roads had other passenger trains to dieselize, motive power consists got... interesting between 1947 (when daily service started) and around 1950, when the roads began taking delivery of EMD E8s. Any combination of Alco passenger units, EMD F and E units, and even on occasion Fairbanks-Morse Erie Builts, could be seen at the head end of these trains as the three roads scraped the bottom of the barrel for any power they could throw together to get the trains over the road.

With that context out of the way, first up are a pair of City of San Francisco consists.

Train 101, Westbound, September 2, 1947:

Leading the train is a trio of Alco PAs.
tpvpGL3.jpg

Baggage car 5614, delivered to the UP in 1942 for the Challenger:
4CG3MBc.jpg

Baggage-dormitory 5613, delivered in 1942 as a baggage car for the Challenger, rebuilt in 1946 to a Baggage-dorm for Cities service:
2mYfCTu.jpg

C&NW 48-seat coach 3421, delivered in 1937 as some of the first streamlined equipment for the Los Angeles Challenger:
hw0HmfD.jpg

SP 44-seat coach 2491, delivered in 1937 to the SP for general service use:
HyF3YOe.jpg

SP diners 10200 and 10201, both built in 1937 for the first streamlined Daylight consists:
hTyIF3p.jpg

Pullman 4-4-2 sleepers Angel Island, Sutro Heights, and North Beach, built for Cities backup service between 1937 and 1941. (Also omitted in this consist is another 4-4-2 sleeper, Lakeside, which seems to have been added around November, 1947):
ovaSxzD.jpg
4nCjMas.jpg

Following that are three Pullman 6-6-4 sleepers, American Beauty, American Heights, and American Captain, all built in 1942:
67j3MeN.jpg

And then bringing up the markers is lounge-observation Nob Hill, built in 1937 for City of San Francisco service:
Nzrn2Qv.jpg

Last edited:
And the second consist for tonight:

Train 102, Eastbound, September 1, 1947:

Leading the train is a mix of EMD power: EMD E6 904A, E7B 928, F3A 1400A:
3bw4MWh.jpg

Baggage car 5630, built in 1942 for the Challenger, and baggage-dormitory SF-101, built in 1937 for the City of San Francisco as a baggage-auxiliary power-dormitory, rebuilt in 1946 by the Southern Pacific as a standard baggage-dormitory for Cities service:
bH4oHUJ.jpg

54-seat coach Market Street, built in 1937 for the City of San Francisco (front) and Union Pacific 48-seat coach, built 1942 for the Challenger:
rFhFsaz.jpg

Articulated Diner Mission Dolores and Kitchen Presidio,and Lounge Embarcadero, all built 1937 for the City of San Francisco:
ijPKdHY.jpg
rFhFsaz
rFhFsaz

Articulated sleepers Golden Gate Park and Fisherman's Wharf, built 1937 for the City of San Francisco:
1dMDmpg.jpg

12-5 sleeper Portsmouth Square , built 1937 for the City of San Francisco, ​and 10-5 sleeper Ferry Building, built in 1941 for the City of San Francisco:
FDHXrfR.jpg

4-4-2 sleepers Chinatown and Twin Peaks, built 1939 for the replacement City of San Francisco, after the first sleepers bearing these names were wrecked at Harney, NV.
wlu1pGs.jpg

Finally, bringing up the markers is 6-6-4 sleeper American Ranger, built in 1942:
lvwpPTG.jpg

Hello! I'm just download your PRR, B&O, NYC & generic Pullmans from your site, they are Beautiful! Trainz needs more high quality passenger equipment that looks good in TANE, I am having a weird light problem with the Pullman Sleepers tho... when you look down at them you see this pulsating light (for lack of a better term) going up and the down the roof of the cars, and only on the sleepers, the coaches are fine, has anybody reported a problem like this before? Thank You!

Not sure about that issue, but we'll investigate it.

Also, lots and lots and lots of things are about to happen... Ignore the incorrect trucks and lack of proper mesh mods since those are gonna be made later today:
czfius7.jpg
dlhHJ1K.jpg
mbQ8fKM.jpg
t09dUTm.jpg
ye8GKnI.jpg
Jg9dWQt.jpg

Back