Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

I never said that I didn't like the shots ... and they are truly are some of the most fabulous winter screenshots I have seen to date ... Surely horridly wicked winter weather surely has a huge amount of grief, misery, and pain, in store this winter, for those who are going to be affected, for @ 4 more months

Right now, I am watching in horror, the aftermath of the most recent storm on the Weather channel, and another massive snowfall storm is headed Eastward, from the Pacific Northwest this coming week

Last edited:
Good shots jacksonbarno. I prefer fall myself with the tree leaves in many shades of yellow and orange instead of just green.

Last edited:
Is that route a WIP or is it out on Trainz-Forge? I'm asking because I saw a photo on their website that looked like a new route had been introduced. If it's a WIP, that's fine.

Last edited:
It's a WIP, but I do have plans to release it at some point in the future.

Starting on the LE&E's big 8th Avenue yard:
2018-12-10_235545.jpg

Looking towards the Sterling Falls station:
2018-12-10_235917.jpg

Last edited:
LOL .........You planning to fill that round house with LE&E STEAM . or that other kind .:cool: Vary nice looking yard , but always going to looks good with the Altoona coal dock .:hehe: But great looking yard . So ..... which line is going to be a partner Rail line in the LE&E , or will have track rights .

Matt

This yard in particular is going to be a major division point on the LE&E, where the mainline from Cincinnati and Columbus to Cleveland splits from the line to Toledo and Detroit. The LE&E also interchanges in town with the New England & Western Railway, the PRR, and the NYC, so that traffic also funnels into the yard. I'm debating putting in a hump, but in all likelihood the yard will just be flat switching.

2018-12-11_010454.jpg

Thanks guys!

The areas aren't really based off of anywhere in particular, although the general feel is heavily inspired by the Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown area.

Here are some more WIP shots, this time of another town on the route, named Lochport for now. Here, the NYC's Chicago - Cleveland mainline crosses the CCFtW&C's (LE&E) Cleveland - Cincinnati line. Here, we see a freight headed for 8th Avenue Yard in Sterling Falls weaving across the interlockings and through the station. (I apologize for the poor quality of the screenshots, they're meant to more provide a feel for the area rather than represent final scenery)

2018-12-13_004959.jpg

2018-12-13_005108.jpg
2018-12-13_005123.jpg

Awesome stuff as usual, your track-work looks great, so real. You really nailed the lighting on this one dude. Would be pretty cool to see a hump on that yard, I been having a lot of fun with ESCD's Norfolk Southern Hump Yard... watching all the little freight cars going on different tracks...

Looking forward to whatever comes next.

I decided to make it a flat yard because I think a hump yard would be better suited at a more strategic location on the route. No, for now it's just your standard absolutely colossal yard with shops and all assorted compliments!

More work on the union station area, I’ve decided to rename the town Duckberg:
2018-12-14_123013.jpg
2018-12-14_123037.jpg
2018-12-14_123107.jpg

In this picture, we see the train curving off to join the CCFtW&C mainline. The original alignment of the line crosses the NYC here and then cuts through the center of town, where the LE&E maintains a yard and services several industries, before rejoining the main line a short ways off:
2018-12-14_123123.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't yet made any custom buildings for the route, however Dan has made me a pack of custom railroad crossing signs and converted Pencil42's gates to work in T:ANE. I've skinned one or two buildings, but that's more going to come when I've gotten the route more completed.

Here, we see the LE&E's old mainline alignment as leaves the NYC diamonds, hitting and passing under a myriad of streets and servicing industries in town. In this view, we get a glimpse of the Northern Ohio Typewriter Co. factory on the far side of the tracks, while just in view on the left is the Standard Machinery Co's warehouse. While most passenger trains and fast freights used the LE&E's passenger main, which mostly bypassed town, the original mainline still saw heavy traffic, even through the 1950's.
2018-12-15_171703.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about that issue, but we'll investigate it.

Also, lots and lots and lots of things are about to happen... Ignore the incorrect trucks and lack of proper mesh mods since those are gonna be made later today:

Those trains look really nice but it's a shame I can't use UP/SP consists because of error of loaded mesh ("Unable to load indexed mesh..."; I wrote about that problem in other place in this forum) which appears at some trucks. And so in several cars. And also it's the shame no one from Trainz Forge responsed to my e-mail :-(.

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And there was absolutely no doubt
That not a train would be late
On the Water Level Route

Though a blizzard may storm
The passengers sleep tight
As the Century races onwards
And charges through the night.

2018-12-24_172922.jpg

Merry Christmas from us at TF! Hope all of you have fun and indulge in some holiday cheer!

Back