Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

any Northern pacific content being worked on
Is this a trick question or somthing?
@jvd2297: I plan on having some GP35 skins up in the eventual next release, so I mean, stay tuned.

Yes I know POOL elevators don't exist in the lower 48 but lets just say they had a few in Washington eh? The model is wayy too good not to use so I replaced the old outdated elevator that once existed here with it.
AWOw6KI.jpg

Is this a trick question or somthing?
@jvd2297: I plan on having some GP35 skins up in the eventual next release, so I mean, stay tuned.

Yes I know POOL elevators don't exist in the lower 48 but lets just say they had a few in Washington eh? The model is wayy too good not to use so I replaced the old outdated elevator that once existed here with it.
Breathtaking shot as always Coleton ! Is this elevator on DLS or a reskin by you ?
Cheers !
Rail4Pete

Some screenies of some of the buttoning up work i've been carrying out on Blackwater, first shot being just west of Sulpher Springs on the SI main and the second being of Spring Creek Timber to the north of Blackwater with GN low line off to the far right.
L0R424a.jpg
fBdXP64.jpg

I always enjoy you shots Coleton, thank you.

May I ask, are the burner and log cars on the DLS?

Regards,

Some screenies of some of the buttoning up work i've been carrying out on Blackwater, first shot being just west of Sulpher Springs on the SI main and the second being of Spring Creek Timber to the north of Blackwater with GN low line off to the far right.
L0R424a.jpg

You get a lovely 'feel' to your screenshots, . There's a epic space and colour quality about them that reminds me of Andrew Wyeth paintings.

@jkinzel: All custom content sir made by myself.
@dangavel: Thanks Dan. Looked into his artwork, I kind of have to agree especially with Blackwater.
QE9vrwI.jpg

Thanks Coleton. I have to say, that is the best looing burner I have seen in Trainz, nice work.

Regards,

A route that's been three years in the making is about to get a major facelift, but just to blast off the cover on this project...

fVmUKNQ.jpg
hKIqaUC.jpg

To answer some questions before they arise:

1) Yes, it will be T:ANE compatible, and if all goes well TS12 compatible as well although that is subject to change.
2) It will likely be payware, and while there are many 3rd party assets on this route currently...
3) The plan is to make this route roughly 90% custom made content, give or take.
4) The current era planned for the first release is c. 1941, however both pre and post Oroville line change versions are planned, and potentially a modern version in the future after that.
5) Yes, there will be steam locomotives. Lots of steam locomotives.
6) Shooting for a late 2018 release date however do not hold me to that as there are many moving parts playing into the making of this route, and while about 70 - 80% of the route is actually done there is much, much more to do aside from laying track and placing scenery. Rest assured that what will be released will be the best we can possibly put forward.

Also, especially for the 1940's era route, I am not going to claim that the route will be 100% accurate, building for building, inch for inch. As it currently stands there are simply large areas where we do not have photographic evidence of what the landscape and general area looked like, particularly on the portion of the line that was rerouted in 1957, and we have drawn up blanks when searching for diagrams for certain lineside structures and facilities. However, I will guarantee that we are doing our best based on the information that we have to remain faithful to the prototype, and we are doing our best to, when necessary, approximate and make logical guesses to fill in blanks when we come to a standstill.

Additionally, any help in procuring diagrams or pointing us in the direction of out of the way places (we have already canvassed WPlives, WPHS, etc) where we can get information would be useful in expediting the process of getting this route done, and would certainly be appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice looking route , will be fun watching the inquirers on this , for sure .

To answer some questions before they arise:

1) Yes, it will be T:ANE compatible, and if all goes well TS12 compatible as well although that is subject to change.
2) It will likely be payware, and while there are many 3rd party assets on this route currently...
3) The plan is to make this route roughly 90% custom made content, give or take.
4) The current era planned for the first release is c. 1941, however both pre and post Oroville line change versions are planned, and potentially a modern version in the future after that.
5) Yes, there will be steam locomotives. Lots of steam locomotives.
6) Shooting for a late 2018 release date however do not hold me to that as there are many moving parts playing into the making of this route, and while about 70 - 80% of the route is actually done there is much, much more to do aside from laying track and placing scenery. Rest assured that what will be released will be the best we can possibly put forward.

AAAHHH ........ So if I could be so blunt , or bold . Why not just say . SOON and leave at that . Isn't the standard answer for these ? :hehe:

jacksonbarno ... You are an artist with your routes , and it seems a vary busy one . Nice teaser shot .:D

Matt

Also, especially for the 1940's era route, I am not going to claim that the route will be 100% accurate, building for building, inch for inch. As it currently stands there are simply large areas where we do not have photographic evidence of what the landscape and general area looked like, particularly on the portion of the line that was rerouted in 1957, and we have drawn up blanks when searching for diagrams for certain lineside structures and facilities. However, I will guarantee that we are doing our best based on the information that we have to remain faithful to the prototype, and we are doing our best to, when necessary, approximate and make logical guesses to fill in blanks when we come to a standstill.

I know how that is - finding some of the resources I need for my projects is near impossible sometimes! Hopefully you'll have better luck than me in that department haha
Good luck on this one, looks like you've got a solid base to work off of!

Cheers,
SM

Simply fantastic Coleton ! Thats a great route with much work you made ...congratulation !
Rail4Pete
P.S. May I ask where is that burner coming from ?

Last edited:
Really liking those Rural Country Shots here

:wave: Part of my family worked in Saw Mills in a rural area of the North West, your Logging Shots and the surrounding area sure remind me of some great times when I was little, would go out in the Country spelunking for something interesting to look at or play in.........

Keep up the good work..........:cool:

Back